How do you survive early game as Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpecialGamer

10-01-2013

Hi,

I am learning vayne as one of my ad carries at the moment. My problem is that I always feed early game (or not get any cs). Then later I two hit their ad carries and become positive again. But it depends on how many kills he gets on me early...

So my question is as it states, how do survive early game as vayne without dying/falling behind in cs?

Any general advice on ad carry or support (especially for vayne) is appreciated.

Best

SpecialGamer

ShakeNBake EUW

10-01-2013

u dont

huehue

1) get nunu

2) try to convince your top laner to go 1v2 bot lane, so you can 2v1 top lane, get free farm, and rush to level 6

3) dont play aggresive levels 1-5 unless enemy is terribad

4) ask jungler to camp your lane lvls 1-5

5) get a kill at any point in lane phase and GG you will out-scale enemy ranged AD for the rest of the game

6) a defensive support such as janna or even taric is probably the best synergy with vayne, as well as nunu.

Bloodthorne

11-01-2013

Vayne is all about positioning. If youre feeding REALLY bad, then perhaps start with flask + lots of hp pots. It's a ghey start, but with your sustain they have a hard time pushing you out of the lane.

Best vayne setups are:
taric
alistar
leona
sona
nunu
(order does not mean which is best or worst)

Vayne is a "balls deep" champ, hes escape is mediocre, but her damage is highest of all AD carries (if you consider all her kills on single target).

First of all, start with your E as skill. Farming is done without using mana and your E allows for a chain stun with many supports and is also your best defense + offense when you count burst. (note that in a lvl1 fight, you tumble twice, giving you 30-ish bonus damage, where as E gives you 90-ish).

At lvl2 get your Q (tumble) and whenever you got the chance, pin someone to a wall. If you got taric or alistar with you, it is usually an instant kill.

First max your Q (total damage output is equal to your W early game, but you gain the movement + ult activate), then W, then E. Always pick R when able.

If you can not stun your opponent with E, you shouldnt fight early game. It is also your support's job to make sure you dont get zoned.

You may fall behind slightly as vayne in the first 5 levels, but once you got your ult, you have the highest single target damage output of all carries, so instantly make a play.

SpecialGamer

15-01-2013

Thanks, that helped.

magioner

17-01-2013

uhm first of all sorry i never really lose my laning phase as vayne unless my supports just suicides several times so im not sure if this helps ( 72% win rate with vayne ).

whenever their support comes in to stun/poke u you tumble away unless your support can zone him / resulting in you reacting to it and zoning him together ( make sure u dont get free hits from their adc during this time els let it go )

it is very important to try poke their adc when their support cant follow up- these times always arise and if u capatilize on these your lane should atleast be even and if your support follows up properly you will win ur lane.

These are the 2 keypoints of any adc but for vayne these mechanics are all u have and honestly there is no other adc who can only rely on this. Other adc's often rely on their inital skillshot/pokes to harass and then go for a kill. vayne has no gap closer and no skill shot so all u can do is play with their gap closers and skill shots. try to dodge atleast 3/4 of their skill shots and you will definitly win the lane.

Illana

17-01-2013

start flask and a million pots

then farm and just /lol at their harass.

Aptest

17-01-2013

in few words:
you support is supposed to pull you through. that's his job.