some kind of punkbuster for LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

morningstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-01-2011

Hello summoners!

I has come to my attention that there are alot of dcers lately. I just had a game with 2 dcers (not only in my team, the other team also). This is not a QQ thread about how the game sucked etc.. it can happen. But it's annoying, the team gets gimped alot if theres a leaver or dcer in the team.

My suggestion is to implement a punkbuster version in LoL. You get kicked out of games if your internet is unstable (is easily checked by several tests).

This feature is logic to me because why would you want to play if you are gonna disconnect anyway? You're a pain in the *** to other players and you are staring at some black screen.

I hope a red one will read this and give his insight on this issue.

Kind regards,

Morningstorm.

MyS Pinkie Pie

13-01-2011

+1

I agree tbh, I've been experiencing quite alot of DCers in my team, and it's really really annoying... they don't deserve to play if they are aware of their internet issues. Excessive amounts of DC's from a particular person should also be taken into account via an implemented system of some sort (you could say similiar to the leaver buster system that punishes them for excessive amounts of dcing).

I'd also like to see what a staff member of RIOT has to say about this.

Monique Smiling

13-01-2011

Would be swell, and also really nice if someone else could take the persons place for the first 5 minutes or something.

Tsumeato

13-01-2011

Punkbuster is a buggy piece of ****, if you ever played one of the games they're in, you'd know, getting kicked out of clanmatches because of whatever no1 gives a **** file is missing.

NO.

Captain WSS

13-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumeato View Post
Punkbuster is a buggy piece of ****, if you ever played one of the games they're in, you'd know, getting kicked out of clanmatches because of whatever no1 gives a **** file is missing.

NO.
But it wouldent be hackbusting, it would be leaver busting, it wouldent check the game files because riot know people love the game enough to make skins for it etc. And they want fun to happen.

Tsumeato

13-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave IV View Post
But it wouldent be hackbusting, it would be leaver busting, it wouldent check the game files because riot know people love the game enough to make skins for it etc. And they want fun to happen.
Then it's not punkbuster, then it would be debatable.

morningstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumeato View Post

NO.
I'll quote my title:

Quote:

some kind of punkbuster for LoL?
see? It says: some kind of punkbuster. I want the same principal, a program that checks if your capable of playing a game by checking your internet status, not checking if your missing files etc..

Thanks for all the replies guys

-Morningstorm

Stanleh

13-01-2011

I do like the idea of some kind of 'Internet-connection-stability-test'' but wouldn't it be kind of a discriminating practice to let's say, not allow people who haven't got a proper connection? :S

morningstorm

13-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleh View Post
I do like the idea of some kind of 'Internet-connection-stability-test'' but wouldn't it be kind of a discriminating practice to let's say, not allow people who haven't got a proper connection? :S
So, you want people in your game that have a big risk disconnecting and leaving the game? I guess no one is waiting for that sir..

Like I said in the OP, why do you want to play when you know you have a bad internet connection and you'll DC anyway...

I think this is a perfect solution for dcers ingame.