Does attack power/speed and crit work for mages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halgren

12-01-2011

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, i'm still new here.
My question is as the title:
Does attack power/speed and crit work for mages? I'm asking for my rune selection as I used to play with Ashe and Tristana and changed to Ryze and although i know I should start using ability and mana runes I'm not sure wether I should change the old ones which where focused on attacks peed and critical chance/power.
And a second thing, at the champions' info we can see bars representing how good attack, health and magic a champion has. Does attack represents the power of a mages auto attacks or does the spell bar represent it?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English

TopHatCat

12-01-2011

They do work on them, asin their auto attacks attack faster and have the chance to crit.. But it's really not a good thing to have (besides maybe levels 1-3).

I imagine it's okay you playing with them for now, but I'd highly recommend you begin saving IP to make another Rune Page for Mages

As for your 2nd question, Attack represents their auto-attack damage (and abilities sort-of) and Spell represents the damage of their spells and the rate at which they gain AP (when leveling up).
Mage auto-attacks still deal Physical damage just like any other champion, their AP/Spell Damage doesn't effect it.

Hope that helps.

Halgren

12-01-2011

That was faster than I hoped! Thanks! ^.^

midnight illusio

13-01-2011

The only mage that can make use of an AD/AS rune page is Ezreal (and I wouldn't really call him a mage either). If you are playing with mages, you need magic pen and AP runes.

SDMarukokun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halgren View Post
I'm asking for my rune selection as I used to play with Ashe and Tristana and changed to Ryze and although i know I should start using ability and mana runes I'm not sure wether I should change the old ones which where focused on attacks peed and critical chance/power.
You've got 2 rune pages, so you can for ex. just make 1 DPS page (Ashe & Tristana) and 1 mage page (Ryze) .
(you can also give your pages a custom name by clicking on the "Page 1"/"Page 2" text.)
PS: looking at your profile, I hope you're in the middle of shuffling runes around, since
your first runepage has 3 marks, 3 seals and 3 glyphs, while your second page has 1 quint.
It's rather weird to not fill all 10 slots if you've got enough runes for it.
PS#2: tier2 runes cost much more than tier1 ones and don't improve over them by much;
better to stick with tier1 ones upto level 19 and save up the difference in cost to help
buy tier3 runes at leavel 20.

Robertboy05

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-01-2011

Ive played once with a crit ryze in my team :P

Carmilia

20-01-2011

You CAN play Mage/casters/Nuke champs as dpsers. To point it out simple, Eve used to be played as AP, melee champ, and recently people stopped using her on an APish way, and changed to AD/AS/jungle gear. Other champs that can use AD gear are Katarina (Since her Q and R scales on AD), Janna (Not the best AD carry, yet that build's fun to use from time to time. Killing Vlads on mid going AD is quite funneh ;D) and Annie (Good range, self shield, pretty interesting AD carry, but of course, the REAL AD carries fullfill this role way better).

Hell, i was playing a practice game with a friend, full AD/AS Morgana against AP Shaco. I was doing 600 dmg per crit o_o.

You can notice the main consecuences of building AD/AS On a mage, and it is, that you wont take any profit from their skills.

IS1304758f2859cf

13-01-2013

Brilliant.