Lux vs Vlad in Mid Lane.... how can I beat him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeromulus

12-01-2011

Hi everyone,

just had a game as Lux against Vladimir in mid. I'm quite new to Lux, but until now i was never beaten in mid ever. Except this time, because I didn't know how to deal with Vladimirs spells and stuff.

1.I run out of mana before he does...(HAHA i know not funny -.-)
2.I run out of life before he does, 'cause he heals himself with his 2 sec cd spell and hits me with his huge range behind my minions. But even if he doesnt hit me cause I hug the tower he just hits my minions and still heals.

3. He can "kind of" outrange me because I fear his stupid Transfusion, as I dont have a heal myself.
4.He can towerdive me easily as he has massive life and his bloodpool+lifesteal.

So I ask for some help from more experienced players.
But pls dont comment things like:"Learn how to counter" or stuff. This is about early to mid game, and i don't know if I can afford MagRes this early, cause then i will deal much less dmg/shield, you know what I mean ^^.

Hoping for some help on this issue.

Thx for comments.

The Hunchback

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

you can't. /thread

WTFL0LSAUCE

12-01-2011

Pick nidalee.

wExvadze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Just try to avoid his Transfusion , Lux can harras him from quit a long range so use that , and remember - act only after he used Transfusion on minions.

Jeromulus

12-01-2011

Thx for first useful comment

Vālar

12-01-2011

I play Vlad as my main character, and lux hard counters me. Just level your shield early, and try to harrass him while you have your shield up. Try to kill him in early levels as he become powerful after lvl 7. Also consider taking clarity or teleport to stay more in lane.

DaOneBeLo

12-01-2011

Pick Caitlyn

Nxxus

12-01-2011

pretty much give him the lane until level 6.
if he comes near your tower, let him hit you once, then light binding and let the tower give him a beat down.

once you get to level 6, harrass as usual, hit him with light binding and place a "light bomb" near him. most vlads will instinctivly pool.

bind him again asap. if you have crd runes and the boots you should be able to pull off a binding -> bomb -> lazar -> bomb combo before he comes off CD.

if you don't have the CDR, get some practice with short range lazering and hit him as he comes out of pool.

and i can say is best of luck, he's a total pain.

Giomanach

12-01-2011

i play both lux and vlad
give him the lane a bit till level 6
stay out of the transfusion range.
keep harrasing him with your E why your E and not your Q?
if you don't know for sure you're going to hit him with your E spel your mana would just be a waste.
try to save your mana only look for open spots when you know you will hit him.
until level 7 or 9 his transfusion isn't that spammable use it to your advantage.
most vlads use their pool once you cast your E.
if you have harrashed him good early game his life isn't that big anymore cause his lifegain can't keep up with your damage from E.
once he used his pool and you see a opening, use light binding, do NOT shield here cause the delay can cause his pool to come of cd or give him that brief sec to run out of your ult
another tip: NEVER EVER unless his pool is on cd use your ult to finish him of.
unless your sure you will hit him and he doesn't have his pool.
for extra tips against all sorts of champions you can add me ingame

Razalus

13-01-2011

I kinda main lux/morgana (same play style) and I can assure you if the vlad is not too pro you can easily harress him and keep him down with lux.

First of all your lucidity spell can harress quite good, gives you farming, and if he turns into goo you can just wait till exploding the orb (this way he either retreats from aoe or tries to drain from minions but eats the spell)

normally you can proc hit to harress your enemies but vlad is an exception unless he has his drain thingy ready for casting. Remember that spell has a fairly high cooldown at early levels and after a drain a well placed spell+auto attack does nice damage to him (much higher then the heal)

the real problem at harressing him is the mana issue. Try geting clarity/clairvoyance for nice team support (that solves the case if you dont spam spells) or a few points in masteries/runes and a mana regen giving starting item should do the job. [I like harressing so I get both the spells and masteries (9/0/21) and start with doran (my runes are pure ap)]

well that solves the case forme but you should get to feel the timing or these might not be enough cause vlad is a suprisingly hard to pro but good when pro champ. Wish I could helped.