Udyr + Tiamat = A love story?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salty Admiral

12-01-2011

Tiamat: 2070G
+42 Attack Damage
+15 HP Regen/5 sec.
+4 Mana Regen/per 5 sec.
Your attacks splash, dealing physical damage in a small area around the target(50% for melee, 33% for ranged).

I'm arguing from the perspective of Tiger stance and jungle as gameplay, although it might be applicable to Phoenix also. I have started to go Tiamat instead of Razors because it offers a more complete package sort of speak. Over time I think the proc from Tiamat makes up for the proc of Razors, although I have not done any math on this. But you will fall behind in the start because its twice the cost. Also, the proc from Tiamat scales with your AD through the game, while Razors does not.

But the other stats is what seals the deal for me. Udyr MUST have some sort of mana regen, and this item frees up runes for other uses. The hp regen is not that needed but it helps compensate alittle bit for the lack of lifesteal if you were going for Wriggles. Last the 42 AD is pretty decent early on and almost twice the amount of Wriggles.

To sum it up I think its a great item because it covers ALL the stats you need early on and has a proc that makes the item pay for itself soon enough. Although its ~500g more expensive than Wriggles I think its better, depending on how highly you value the active(ward) on Wriggles.

Also, I just wanted to add that ALL these stats, incuding the proc(!) stacks. So with two you get +84 AD, +30 HP regen, +8 MP regen and you attacks cleave for 100% of your damage instead of 50%. And all this for just 4140g!
Nah I don't know if stacking them is the best idea, but I certainly feel its a very good item for Udyr.

What do you guys think?

PS: Edited to elaborate my point

Leonteus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Elaborate?

Aw3s0m3

12-01-2011

Well first of all I'm pretty sure that the cleave doesen't stack ( unless they've changed it in a recent patch and i haven't noticed ) .
Anyway I agree that Tiamat is a great item for a lot of mele dps champs but I usually have the dilema wether to get manamune ot Tiamat since the former is much better on Udyr.
Imo the best part of the weapon is that you lose only 200 gold when selling it so you can just farm a little and then buy a Black cleaver or smt when you sell it.

Nordicus

12-01-2011

Tiamat? On jungling Udyr? OBJECTION YOUR HONOR!

By the time you can build the full item, you could have already built Wriggle's Lantern with 545 gold to spare or have built Madred's Razor and bought a recurve bow. If you could get Tiamat's unique passive with an item that cost around 1000 gold, it could work incredibly well.

DaOneBeLo

12-01-2011

Why don't you just get blue buff?

Dooku

12-01-2011

It might work, but there are so many other items that work better and have more use later on. With Tiamat, you might turn your Tiger into an AoE, but you will do much less damage than with, for example, the Bloodrazor.

It's not a bad item, if you go Bravery with Udyr, you'll probably melt faces, but it's just not that useful. Around mid game, you shouldn't have any mana trouble any more, so the extra stats are wasted on him.
But I'm still not used to getting Tiger as main damage source, though I level it sooner now.

I'd like to know your full built though, as you're jungling (if you're jungling) without Madred's, do you go tank, offtank or dps Udyr?

MREX

12-01-2011

I still think it's better to have Madreds or Wiggles, the cost is cheaper and it lets you do things like dragon and stealing golem and things quickly due to the proc. Plus I like keeping my madreds for late game, once I've got all my tank items I upgrade my madreds and kill other tanks >: )

UltraLazor

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw3s0m3 View Post
Well first of all I'm pretty sure that the cleave doesen't stack ( unless they've changed it in a recent patch and i haven't noticed )
It stacks, unless they changed it in a recent patch and I haven't noticed