Blade of the ruined King vs. Bloodthirster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sadstarfruit

03-01-2013

When to get which?

I mostly play Top-Lane, that's why I'm interested in the Blade of the ruined King.
Mostly, I would first argue in favor of Bloodthirster just because it gives more AD which scales with the AD-based skills better.

But an AD-Nidalee would do better with the BotrK better, in my opinion.
Currently, I'm wondering which items to get for Jayce and Zed.....

Favoring BT for Jayce and strangely, BotrK for Zed....

What do you guys think?

Mould

03-01-2013

blade of the ruined king for early barons
and also for the slow active, which is pretty helpful if you don't have any built in ones

notforeveryone

03-01-2013

GET BOTH XD

DadoIdiot

03-01-2013

basicaly botrk on zed is better because if you ult a target and use botrk on the target it will deal extra dmg
So its like a burst item/additional spell on zed.
And thats whats zed is about-killing 1 carry and escaping/reviving with ga.

EDIT:This thread was started on the old botrk
Now its clear to take botrk almost always.

Heimer Teemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Its really good on VI imo, kinda boosts her W (also % HP) and gives some nice lifesteal and extra damage.

Anterias

03-01-2013

People haven't realised the huge potential of the new items on some champions, so I'd be in favor of botrk over bt every time. Simply because it destroys baron, and of course it does it's main purpose beautifully, that is destroying people that stack HP.

And since many people stack more HP than armor it's a wonderful item. Even some adc's should get it over bloodthirster to be honest.

BlooDxInt

03-01-2013

I used to build Blade of the ruined king - Then i saw this: "deals 4% of the targets current health as physical damage" and i said, **** this **** item, and never built it again.

And i suggest noone else does either, its waste of money, your early barons arent worth **** if you heavily lose out to the opposing team.

It also has 120 damage cap on it so baron will go down just as easily with a wriggles(with the exeption of wriggles being cheap and useful in general rather then just "o hei lets rush baron and hope enemy has not warded it")

G4mbytt

03-01-2013

The answer to all your questions is right there :

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a...he-ruined-king

sadstarfruit

03-01-2013

Funny thing is, I posted this thread after reading this article. So yeah, his math and stats were quite enlightening to what BotrK can do.
Maybe BotrK is just better on those Burst AD-Champs and BT on those Auto-attacking Kits?

G4mbytt

03-01-2013

It depends on your playstyle I guess, but if you build critical strike, this item is a no no.