Proof that Tribunal is devastating higher Solo Queue.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

NEW POST WITH CLEARER DATA : http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=990727
go there and ignore this now

EDIT TO MAKE IT CLEAR: 116/225 players i have found now to have been warned or banned in the last month or so. Considering there are about 2k players over 1850 on EUW according to the ladders last week, its a statistically significant margin.
Its like some people don't want to believe it, and I get it. I lose a lot of credibility because of the generic "omg why was i banned riot" poster. But facts are facts, half these players in this pool i looked at had next to no honor and the extremely likely explanation is that it was reset by a warning or ban.
EDIT2: As some people seem to be oblivious to this: If you get a warning or ban all your honor gets reset to 0.

As i have said before, people that play casually will draw the line much stricter when it comes to flaming than people who solo queue a lot. For this purpose i went and tried a little experiment. I went on my lolking page, took all the people i played recently with, 10 games, 90 people, some repeat several times as this is 1800s and you run into same people several times. So probably like 70-80 people, say 80. Looked them up in the game client to see which ones have been punished recently (suspiciously low honor for how active these players have been over the last month in solo queue).
35/80 people have been warned or banned from this pool of 1800s ranked players. That's almost half. HALF. I didn't even expect to find these many. If you don't believe me you are free to check my lolking page and do the count yourself.
Maybe 80 isn't a big enough statistical pool but its enough to raise an eyebrow. So please, do this experiment yourself, with your own match history and post it here, with your elo/ normal elo . (you can look up a normal elo calculator). How much do you wanna bet you will see a significant percentage difference between a casual player and a ranked player?

Keep in mind that there are about 15000 people over 1800 and under 100k over 1500 in the world according to elo charts and there are 50+ millions of lol players. This wouldn't show up on a riot statistic and quite frankly, financially they wouldn't care.

Do you think higher elo players are more toxic? Or maybe, just maybe the line where a player becomes toxic is different in each environment of lol play. Maybe just maybe, Tribunal's black or white nature punishes half the people that play this at a decently competitive level.

EDIT: Did a sweep through the match history of another player that i found in one of my games
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21792458#history
and this is the link with my history just for lazy people:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/20643619#history

Again about 10 players repeated which i didn't count twice, so add 80 to the pool.

78/160 Players have really low honor compared to the other ones, all active players in s3 solo queue. This is a pretty obvious pattern to me already. There around 2k people at this elo in EUW, and that's being generous. I was rank 2k at 1860 about 1 week ago in the ladder but now it seems to have broken. And according to overall charts there are 10k people in the world between 1800 and 1950. So a pool a 160 in 2k people is significant.

EDIT2: I was curious about the really high elos. So i looked up SK Ocelotes match history which was full of Solo Queue games today
He was duo queue plus there were a lot of repeating players so likely around 65 people in total.
38/65 had really low honor compared to the others. Including some PRO PLAYERS!
Yellowstar 10 honor in total? sure.
Gozu pepper 0 honor across the board with plenty of games in s3? SURE!

This is absolutely ridiculous and disgusting. These players are not all toxic. Half the population can't be toxic. Your toxicity reading methodss are f'd up.

KiwiGeneral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I just leave this here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Lyte View Post
This is false. Actually, the higher Elo you go, the lower the number of reports. This is partially because the higher you go, the more players just don't report as much and 'deal' with the toxicity.

Fosis

02-01-2013

Im curious, so why you report eachother? xD

Albert

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinEmperor View Post
I just leave this here:
Maybe this was before they did that wonderful update 2 months ago which made tribunal more strict. Let's just wait for more statistics from people. Wouldn't expect you of all people to admit there's something fishy though.

Quote:
Im curious, so why you report eachother? xD
Only like 10 players kept repeating in 10 games so it's not like 2500s where everyone knows each other. But grudges can form if people see you in multiple games. I have been reported by such guy in one of my cases, clearly out of spite cause he beat me in lane the game before and we still won the game, he even said in chat that he was pissed off at me (I didn't do anything reportable in that game at all)

KiwiGeneral

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Maybe this was before they did that wonderful update 2 months ago which made tribunal more strict. Let's just wait for more statistics from people. Wouldn't expect you of all people to admit there's something fishy though.
So? Doesn't increase the number of reprots of high elo gamers.
So your argument is invalid.

Rizem

02-01-2013

Clearly they are all reporting each other.

Maybe lots are getting punished, maybe in say 2 years a lot of them will be gone and replaced with people who create an atmosphere closer to that which Riot desire.

Changing bad habits and raising acceptable behaviour takes time and some will refuse and be removed.

Albert

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizem View Post
Clearly they are all reporting each other.

Maybe lots are getting punished, maybe in say 2 years a lot of them will be gone and replaced with people who create an atmosphere closer to that which Riot desire.

Changing bad habits and raising acceptable behaviour takes time and some will refuse and be removed.
so you are still calling it acceptable behavior if HALF the people didn't comply to it? If it was half the whole population i'm sure Riot would care. But it's half of a small minority so **** them, right?
This game isn't designed for the atmosphere Riot desired, at least not at a high level of play. This is a game in which one player can decide to screw over 4 others. In an environment in which winning really matters, people are never going to be super polite with each other. Even if you ban half the people in high elo now, they will get replaced by others and those players will become like the last ones.
In normal games you can win 4v5 or even 3v5, people don't have a clue what they are doing and the pressure isn't high. I don't think its fair to think it should be the same environment as a solo queue game.

Albert

03-01-2013

Tomorrow i shall go through the people in my match history and do this for their match history, only the ranked games. Granted there aren't very many players in that specific range, a test group of about 1 thousand should be pretty conclusive.

A Radiated Bunny

03-01-2013

Too late, already perma banned here for flaming on a small number of my 3k games played on league in all game modes.

400 euros, every single champion, 20 rune pages, gone, for 4 or 5 games I get reporte don with minimun 1 report that i takes to get into tribunal. My anger towards riot is so much right now.

GhostLion

03-01-2013

I got permabanned on my main acc for trying to "guide" them at 1700elo s3, eventually i did rage as they did everything wrong and did swear maybe once, but they had 0/10 stats while i had 15/3 for example, and played really bad i thought they had gotten eloboosted.

i had higher s2, but i had no trouble with ppl, never banned in s2.

s3 reset made me start raging, gg, high elo = ban btw, Eloboosters, s3 reset bumping bad people quickly, etc it's not fun and gets you banned for saying 1 negative thing even if they troll ingame and so on, soloq is corrupt now, and so is the Tribunal = GG.

12345 ... 7