Taric/Tank Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAngelsCry

11-01-2011

I'm looking to play Taric/Tanks more, and need some advice on which runes I should get. Do I go for Armour/Magic Resist/HP? Advantages and Disadvantages of each would be useful =) Thank you!

I mention Taric as he's my main tank, so runes unique to him would also be viable.

Daklha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

I don't play Taric as a tank. I play him as a support mainly/semi DPS. That's the best way to play him. Why? His passive. It's outrageous, exploit it!

My runes with taric are attack speed reds, mana regen/lvl yellows, MR/lvl blues and MR/lvl quints.

Why the lots of MR/lvl if you're a semi DPS? Because Taric remains a main target of an enemy team. They will focus you quite fast in team fights. And mostly you'll become the victim of rather mages/casters then melee because you stun your enemies that come too close to you. It will also be the mages that do the real damage to you.

You could also get mana regen/lvl blues. To help solve your mana problems, but then again, I get a manamune and archangels, giving me a huge mana pool that allows my ult to be up into insanity and yet I run out quite quickly. The 100 extra health in quints for taric is not really worth it since he can practically outheal anything. Imho, I find it really hard to die with Taric and you have to play dam stupid in order to accomplish that (end game that is).

Just don't build Taric as a tank. His passive is not made for tanking. And with a huge mana pool and your semi DPS build, you can keep your ult up for a very long time. Some people say you only need it for a few seconds, but they're wrong imo since that ult also gives extra damage and even if they are almost full HP it never hurts to have enough mana to help them get to nearly full. Since I've seen many battles where my gigantic mana pool just made that little difference that kept akali and annie alive where that few seconds after my mana runs out and you need to wait 20 precious seconds to turn it back on.

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

11-01-2011

i played Taric quite a lot this week, as support/hybrid... i don't know how my build really works, but... it works great O.o
as Dakhla said, AS red, manaregen/lvl yellow, but: flat AP quints, scaling AP glyphs. i take a lot of MR in the build, and build together AS, AD, AP and CDR... it's... quite confusing, but works O.o seriously.

AS is for reducing Q cooldown and to gain mana.
manaregen is for manaregen (captain obvious told me this)
AP are for farming (W), healing (Q) and regenerating (R) without needing to buy much AP trough the game (i only take a nashor's tooth at mid/late)

TheAngelsCry

14-01-2011

Hmm okay, thanks for the advice. And what about generic tank runes? What would you suggest for something like Nasus/Rammus ?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

14-01-2011

Nasus:
arpen marks, health quints, manaregen/lvl seals, MR glyphs

Rammus:
MR marks/glyphs, health quints, armor seals

rammus is a tank, nasus is an offtank