Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

game.cfg - advanced options.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DustOfDeath

01-09-2011

Well, since google didnt help much, i was wondering what do the extra settings available in it do etc.
Ofc its not suggested for people to edit these files - but that mostly goes for the people who aint that experienced with things like that.

But without reference material, its kinda hard to try anything.
Options like:
EnableParticleOptimizations
Full3DModeEnabled
EnableLightFx

- Settings not available in game.

Calendir

01-09-2011

is there a file where you can increase font size of the battle feedback text? like damage dealt to enemy?
had a look in your cfg file but maybe there is another file somewhere else?

DustOfDeath

01-09-2011

\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\defaults\GamePermanent.cfg

look for:

; FLOATTEXT_Damage = 0,
Damage_FontName = Arial
Damage_Bold = 0
Damage_Italic = 0
Damage_FontSize = 35
Damage_Text = "-%d"
Damage_Color = 0 177 255
Damage_ShadowColor = 0 0 0
Damage_OutlineSize = 0
Damage_OutlineColor = 50 0 10
Damage_FillPattern = None

Calendir

01-09-2011

omg it works! tried on US server, I was asking in hope more than anything, my font size was 9 to your 35, I tried 35 & it's huge! I'll try something in the 20's next

thanks for your help

DustOfDeath

01-09-2011

well yeah couldn't test, but 35 looks quite nice--- specially with block/critical (with slightly different font).. might need to lower normal damage tho..

DustOfDeath

01-12-2011

so anyone more experienced on this topic or does riot have some kind of documentation on it?

I currently just edited the dmg etc messages.
i attached the config file below.

It has generally larger dmg message fonts. Normal physical/magic damage is displayed in white, 28 font.
Criticals are red, 35, Segoe Print font - make sure u have that font, if not. replace it with Arial.
And some other minor changes.

Damage wont pile up and clutter ur screen and it gives a nice fighting game feel, where damages are displayed above head in a larger font -

GamePermanent.zip