Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fightastic

12-26-2012

Want his ult to be physical? Ok then make it stack with armor, MR, HP and all other stats he benefits from then we have a deal

Zlashie

12-26-2012

Quote:
Fightastic:
Want his ult to be physical? Ok then make it stack with armor, MR, HP and all other stats he benefits from then we have a deal

I dont understand this. Are you joking or do you genuinly think that Darius is balanced atm?...

12-26-2012

Darius is not OP in the sense of being able to carry everything.
He's actually pretty bad in lategame and dies often and quickly because he has no innate tankiness nor escape spells.

However

The main problem with Darius is, that he is unfun to play against and unfun to play with.

Against:
You must be super passive because he trades EXTREMELY good with almost every other melee champ at top. Once he is level 6, his killing potential is enormous, forcing even more passive play. Ganks with his jungler are very succesful because of his grab and slow.
In mid-late game he becomes weaker, like I said, but his ultimate still ends you pretty harshly and contributes to the frustration.

With:
Darius is an unsafe pick and the mindset of the typical Darius player involves "KILL NO MATTER WHAT". The very typical Darius stats are something like 9/9/1. He kills and gets killed. He contributes almost nothing to the team (not even DPS, super CC or tankiness) and actually tends to starve his carries of gold.

Conclusion:
Darius is a completely failed concept that only involves killing others as painfully and easily as possible. He brings almost no utility at all to his team and is super frustrating for the enemies.

munraker

12-26-2012

he is useless late game...is just like leblanc

Kanjejou

12-26-2012

On a side note maokai and a lot of "untargetable" champion still get hit by spells send just before the spell activation so sometime wiht maokai you die while in the twisted advance animation, I Don't know if its a bug because if you try some heroes you will see that some can fisnish casting spell even when hard CC and other can't(victor cage can be stopped not ezrael arcane shift), some can fisnish casting even when dying other can't (nami loose her ulty for exemple if she was trying to cast it before she die, but not veigar he still shoot it even if killed)

Out Of N00bs

12-26-2012

Quote:
Hell M00d:

The main problem with Darius is, that he is unfun to play against and unfun to play with.

So we should nerf champs just because they are nor fun to play against well then maybe we should nerf LeBlanc even though she has a winrate of a mere 43% she is really annoying to deal with mid and you have to play very passive against her. According to you any champ that requires you to change your playstyle a bit should be nerfed because you only like to play aggressive and you should be able to do that against everyone.

12-26-2012

Quote:
Out Of N00bs:
So we should nerf champs just because they are nor fun to play against well then maybe we should nerf LeBlanc even though she has a winrate of a mere 43% she is really annoying to deal with mid and you have to play very passive against her. According to you any champ that requires you to change your playstyle a bit should be nerfed because you only like to play aggressive and you should be able to do that against everyone.

Did I ever say I want him to be nerfed? No, I didn't. I mean, I wouldn't mind if he gets nerfed to death, he is just stupid and bland, but I do not actively ask for it.

Besides, Teemo was nerfed in a recent patch pretty harshly and that's mainly because he was/is unfun to play against, not because he stomped games.

Zlashie

12-26-2012

Ofcourse something should be nerfed if it isnt fun.

The entire idea of games is FUN. If a game isnt fun, it isnt a game. (and NO, competetive play IS fun, thats why competetive players do it).

People have said in countless Starcraft 2 games that if you want to hit diamond league you need to have FUN with the game.

The definition of school is to learn. And one can argue that all the information in the school is balanced around the way kids learn, but if a subject doesnt teach the kids anything, then there are no reason for it to be in school.

Equally, if a champion in general is not FUN, it should be tweaked so that it becomes FUN.

Way of Darkness

12-27-2012

Quote:
Harass him with Q? Really, Teemo counters Darius hard in lane.

I am a rather bad Teemo and suck vs Darius in general (might change in the next match since I disconvered a weakness of him). My q is: What max first as teemo & skill order? I always maxed E first and then usually W, is that the right way vs a foe like Darius?

One thing to note about Darius and Olaf: They can scare you away a lot after you ate their high burst Q/E. But recenlty I found out it is a good idea to trade after that. They already used their main damage ability so even if you dont win in the trade in total you can at least make it less worse (That's being said, with someone like Fiora/Irelia/Trynd you should win the trade if you go in because you got WAY more DPS than those). Don't make the mistake to let them damage you and then walk away for free of it.

Laavixon

12-27-2012

Increase the cd on apprehend? the 24 sec one which gives no dmg? yeah no... only thing they should nerf darius is about is his dueling potential just a tiny bit, same with irelia lol^^.Those champs that have good potential out of dueling and still have dueling in them are op but darius completly beatable bit like riven just gotto know what to do.