Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novuake

12-23-2012

Simple as this. Why does Riot not nerve Darius??? I can think of tiny tweaks that would balance him out a lot. For example. Shorten the range on apprehend and increase the CD.

I mean really, Darius is an impossible opponent to face with almost no one to counter him AT ALL...

WTF Riot???

ShadowDancer7

12-23-2012

Probably because he sells skins a lot.

Goldglim

12-23-2012

Indeed you can only fight him with a ranged fighter. Teemo, Jayce or Yorick are rather good. Every melee fighter basically has 20-30% less hp when Darius reaches Lv6.

The fact that even IF you survive that insane ulti, the bleeding will kill you for sure. Oh and he has a speed buff too to catch up, just in case.
In a 1vs1 he is almost impossible to beat. Not dieing is already an achievement.

He has some weaknesses though, he is the personifcation of Kill stealing and makes his teams rather weak, while he sucks everything up. (Your pals are still dead though)
And he is rather easy to gank as he has only flash to get out of something.

Mr Mayhemz

12-23-2012

i somewhat agree but i think on the e should be nerfed also the armour pen on it should be removed since his passive is already true dmg!

Way of Darkness

12-23-2012

Quote:
Indeed you can only fight him with a ranged fighter. Teemo, Jayce or Yorick are rather good.

Caitlyn works pretty well vs him at lane. Guess Ez would work well, too.

Wouldn't recommend Teemo for beginners. Way too risky to do.

Trebbi

12-24-2012

Yeah, teemos range is barely out of reach for his pull.

1 pull = 1 dead teemo

OneTimeGod

12-24-2012

coudln't disagree more, he's so weak these days, anybody can out melee him. even if you build real tanky, he just has no damage these days. used him so many games and lost fights... he doesn't auto-attack when apprehend pulls a champ in so you have to click again and then the delay to attack after apprehend is too slow they just flash back out of it. as for his W slow - you don't notice it as he's too slow anyway. his ult is terrible, he jumps up for like 5 seconds then comes back down to hit, but if they've already auto-attacked or cast something, he still gets hit and dies in mid air?! yer ok riot, work that out. it's meant to take him out of combat for like a second. you can't auto-attack maokai when he does his W ability, so why can you hit darius when he's 20m in the air? no riot, please rework this. major weakness is range with frozen mallet. cannot do anything. apprehend too short a reach and cd is like 20 seconds. what's that? use it and miss you're screwed for rest of team fight. just walk around getting duked. he's so useless to use. people seem to foucs him because they know that he can do damage if left alone. but he has not survivability.

Mimr

12-24-2012

Quote:
Trebbi:
Yeah, teemos range is barely out of reach for his pull.

1 pull = 1 dead teemo

Harass him with Q? Really, Teemo counters Darius hard in lane.

And for the umpteenth time, Darius is NOT OP. Learn to not engage him in a straight standing 1v1 and you should be fine.

StyLe0wnZ

12-24-2012

Remove true dmg and make it Normal Attack dmg.

ThatFknNinja

12-24-2012

i havnt played with darius so i cant say for sure hes op. all i know is that he has a mini blitz pull on a low cd and does tonnes of damage. it seems all he needs is that pull and its basically an instakill vs any carry. he definitely appears op at first glance.