Gangplank Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ni Pah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Okay, so in 8 games I've seen Gangplank mid 3 times, and I ask you people why?
He got a tiny bullet which is the only thing he can harass with, and he relay on luck to crit with it. Every time I see him mid, I win, or my team mate who does mid wins.

So I just ask you again, what's the reason so many Gangplanks wants to play mid?
My elo is around 1400 atm, so not some 900 low elo attempt

Captain WSS

09-01-2011

Well.... Gangplank goes mid to deny the mid player experience, a good mid GP will get as much CDR as possible. You will have level 4 at the same time as your side lanes, and equal, if not less lasthits. You will also always be pushing the lane to his tower so gank can be applied easily.

NovaKiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-01-2011

So i just seen a gangplank go jungle, and fail terrible.

Gangplank mid, well i do not know why.

Captain WSS

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaKiller View Post
So i just seen a gangplank go jungle, and fail terrible.

Gangplank mid, well i do not know why.
Not runed for it then. not everyone knows how to play ya know.

I love Kurisu

09-01-2011

To deny the enemy carry.
A carry needs to farm/get kills to be any good, if they can't do that their damage will be reduced A LOT.

However it usually costs the mid tower if it's a ranged carry, as he cannot use Q/W because of mana drain aswell as he isn't tanky.

AlexNightwalker

09-01-2011

GP can deny 2 melee minions at game start and 1 minion each wave, also if he is good he will just towerhug and last hit minions with Q instead of harassing. That can seriously set your mid enemy back while being np for GP since he gets plenty gold from Q kills, especially if they sent there a carry who needs exp/gold as fast as possible

Often they underestimate GP taking a great risk to finally kill that annoying denier near turret and getting parrrley crit+heal+ultimate in exchange.

Ni Pah

09-01-2011

Hmm, 1 gangplank failure downvoted me, but idc.
I actually feel sad when I meet gp mid, because the only thing he got to harass me with is his parrrley.
He shots me once and I can auto attack him 5 times + use ranged spells. Take Morgana, Ashe, Anivia and those kind of champions, depending on skill lvl, I would suppose they would outfarm the living cr*p out of gp. At least this is how I feel about it, because I've never lost against a gp mid.

So if anyone here feels skilled in gp mid, please take a match with me and open my mind, cause I'm 100% sure gp will fail mid against any decent ranged/sorcerer.

The Tempest

09-01-2011

They come there so they can feed my Udyr, usually.

Tahoparaszt

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick Strike View Post
Okay, so in 8 games I've seen Gangplank mid 3 times, and I ask you people why?
He got a tiny bullet which is the only thing he can harass with, and he relay on luck to crit with it. Every time I see him mid, I win, or my team mate who does mid wins.

So I just ask you again, what's the reason so many Gangplanks wants to play mid?
My elo is around 1400 atm, so not some 900 low elo attempt

Easy anwser:

raise morale
25 sec cd .- with good CDR its 20 sec cd
30 sec till next minion wave
you can kill average 1,5 minion from 6

That means 25% less XP and gold for the enemy midder, because he wont get xp for those minions - neither gold.

When plank reaches lvl 6 (2131 xp), his enemy midder will have 1600 xp what is a little bit more then lvl 5.

Also plank needs loads of gold to became good dd, so it is easy for him to solo lane farm.
He has a good amount of heal, good harassing with parrrrrrley.

He is a strong midder if played well.