Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So I've just been banned for a week...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarras

12-19-2012

Quote:
1000RageFaces:
you dont get it
these 5 games are just random examples of all games you got reported in
you need reports in over 50% in your matches over a long time to make it to tribunal

Could you please tell me the source of this information? I read stuff like that a lot, but never from a Riot account.

Ze Professor

12-19-2012

Case 2:
Fizz [00:25:52] ****
Akali [00:25:59] omg
Fizz [00:26:02] **** u
-
Akali [00:41:22] regroup pls
Fizz [00:41:38] go to hell
Fizz [00:41:41] ok?

Case 3
Galio [00:06:06] jsut report malphite
Vayne [00:06:19] how useless are u

The fact that you

Quote:
Arakhe:
honestly cannot see why I've been banned.

is actually quite disturbing, as it suggests that your negative behaviour and flaming has become normal and acceptable to you. It is, however, a clear violation of the summoner's code and so, as usual, as always, ban well deserved.

LumberingOaf

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ningiszhida:
quite disturbing, as it suggests that your negative behaviour and flaming has become normal and acceptable to you. It is, however, a clear violation of the summoner's code and so, as usual, as always, ban well deserved.

Game two was iffy, but if you take the time to examine the case, it's actually fairly understandable. From the looks of it, there was a lane dispute and some general jerkassery going on. Game three was somewhat pessimistic, granted, but consider proportionality here. The OP's conduct was not unacceptable. There's no flaming there, just a low evaluation of a teammate's abilities. It's completely unrealistic to expect people to be much friendlier than this in 100% of cases. Game two was the sole example of any behaviour that I'd deem worthy of punishing, and from what I can see in the chat logs I strongly suspect it to have been under provocation. On balance, I'd say this tribunal case shows no evidence of toxic behaviour. It's not all sweetness and light, but it's far from representing the worst that this community has to offer. I would suggest that this case should have been shown leniency.

Before this response provokes anyone to question my own character, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that I myself have never been punished by the tribunal and that I take the time to vote on a few cases from time to time. I have good accuracy and vote with the majority in approximately 90% of my cases.

Quote:
1000RageFaces:
these 5 games are just random examples of all games you got reported in
you need reports in over 50% in your matches over a long time to make it to tribunal

To those that argue that you must have a large quantity of reports to end up in the tribunal at all, I say shame on you. That is not a responsible manner to handle cases with. If we were to take such rhetoric to its logical conclusion, the tribunal is entirely redundant. You could, if such arguments were even the slightest bit valid, handle all reports with an automated system that operates under the same principles as leaverbuster. When judging cases in the tribunal, you are supposed to confine your verdict to the information given to you. Any prejudice against the reported player on the grounds that anyone who has been reported enough to enter the tribunal must be guilty is invalid.

Ne5t

12-19-2012

Oh, it's this thread again..

Dead Gíveaway

12-20-2012

Riot is getting ridicules.

I got 4 reports from 1 game.

Only playd 2 games this week and i got banned for 7 days.
because there where pre mades. they keep crying i kill steal then give me attitude
You response back at them they all report you and you get banned.
Im like dafuq dude. Really RIOT?
I wil not spend another $ on this game and just start creating stupid accaunts and troll on it.
Then you can ban those and i wil make new ones.
So make sense riot Man up And stop this ridiculessness
Banning people for Crappy reasons.

GangrelCat

12-20-2012

Quote:
S h a o l í n:
Riot is getting ridicules.

I got 4 reports from 1 game.

Only playd 2 games this week and i got banned for 7 days.
because there where pre mades. they keep crying i kill steal then give me attitude
You response back at them they all report you and you get banned.
Im like dafuq dude. Really RIOT?
I wil not spend another $ on this game and just start creating stupid accaunts and troll on it.
Then you can ban those and i wil make new ones.
So make sense riot Man up And stop this ridiculessness
Banning people for Crappy reasons.

Threatening to commit a contract breach on the forum of the company you have that contract with. Smart.