Runaan's on Twitch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aachie

18-12-2012

Hey,
I'm Aachie, a german summoner who is playing LoL for about two and a half years now.
I recently considered Twitch to be an interesting Champion and starting playing him a lot.

My question is: Would you recommend Runaan's Hurricane on Twitch? At first glance I guess everyone would say so. A high amount of attack speed and a passive that turns your ulti into a even more "team fight shredding" hail of poisoned arrows.
But... How high is the range within which Runaan's is triggered? I got the feeling that it did not trigger when I used my ult and tried to stay away from the tf as far as possible. Anyone has any numbers? LoL Wikia says: "maximum radius of nearby target 300"
Plus Runaan's is useless if u get into 1v1 fights.

I'm really thinking about buying a second Phantom Dancer instead of Runaan's. With a second Dancer u don't only have more movement speed, it also grantsnearly as much attack speed and extra critical chance and it only comes for 50 Gold more. I always buy at least one Dancer on Twitch and Infinity Edge ofc. With a second Dancer we got a crit chance of 85% !!!
With our ulti critin'plus the extra crit damage from Infinity we will shred as much health as we would do with Runaan's I guess.

Any opinions?

Aachie

Naxxistrasza

19-12-2012

i definitely recommend it, simply because it helps spread your passive for massive E damage. in my exprience, it is VERY rare that you are allowed to stay at max range with your ultimate. if you are, then good for you, thats just a win for you. but even after you have used up your ulti bolts, Runaan's will kick in. together with his ult, Runaan's lets Twitch deal constant, and powerful AoE. plus 70% AS is just insane for applying passive and throwing out some crits.

Sinulca

19-12-2012

It's not as good as you think it is.
You want as much single target damage as possible as an adc and runaans gives nothing beyond the AS boost in that department and if the 3 enemy champs needed to unfold its full damage are within the 300 range, you'll probably not live long enough to make much use of that.
Killing 1 target >>> crippling 3.
If you want some aoe (that actually benefits from your crit chance and doubles up as burst) get a shiv.
In fact, don't get a second phantom dancer ever, get a shiv instead that's what it's there for.

Runaans is for teemos, kogs and ap varuses.

Aptest

19-12-2012

The idea that Twitch will do better with Hurricane than other carries is based on the idea that Twitch's passive does a significant amount of damage in the time-frame where Hurricane becomes a viable item, to the extent that stacking the passive fast is a good idea.

The damage that you will actually get from Twitch's passive is minor in that time-frame (3rd item, after IE/PD): 6 stacks on 5 opponents (a next to impossible situation) amounts to approx 150 damage once a second, whereas a single AA will do around 300, to be repeated 3-4 times per second on a number of targets. I.E. the damage increase from getting any of the alternatives to stacking passive faster (LW, more PD, BORK, BT, BC...) will easily outscale the passive stacking in terms of damage, and will also cause the resulting expunge to be more powerful (lets say a 3 person full expunge with 80 more AD behind it is better than a 4 person full expunge without the 80 AD, because focusing damage on less targets is useful).

Which leaves us with the multi-targeting element as the only real consideration. And in that case Hurricane is no more and no less viable on Twitch than on other carries (read: viable, but situational).

P.S.

after initial AD rush, the most valuable offensive stat for twitch is crit chance.