AP master yi is OP

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesper

16-12-2012

Yi has been nerfed Let's hope this solves the problem!

--------------------------------

Master Yi built with ability power is simply too overpowered and needs rebalancing.
The main issue with Yi being built AP is his W ability (heal). For the usual attack damage built Yi, this ability is fine. However, when yi builds ability power, this ability becomes way too powerful; with enough ability power he is not only able to regain full health in seconds, but he can also tank most damage - i.e. he regenerates health much faster than damage can be dealt to him. Coupled with the fact that it has relatively low cooldown, and with his other abilities, ability power Master Yi is really overpowered.

I think it will work much better to perhaps have this ability not scale with ability power - i.e. a set amount of health regenerated per second. Or failing this, the AP scaling should be drastically changed so he can't just tank damage.

"But it can easily be countered with CC, I don't see a problem."
Yes, I admit, it can easily be countered with disrupting abilities. However, I don't think this balances out the problem. Regardless of these counters, the bottom line is that he can still regenerate to full health in seconds, and if undisrupted, can tank most damage. In regards to the actual countering, I still think its a little harsh that the only way to counter is through CC only which not all champions even have. Furthermore, you are punished for using CC at the beginning of a fight/against other champions.

asd

16-12-2012

He is not op

Get some Cc in your team, get silence for he's heal
Also, put down an ignite on him

The heal got 30 sec cd.

Dun Baloo

16-12-2012

AP Yi is completely unsafe. OP in certain situations, useless in (most) others.

He is countered by interrupts and Ignite. That doesn't leave many situations where he is at an advantage...

Vesper

16-12-2012

Yes, it can be countered with CC but I think this is a lot easier said than done, especially in normal games. Excluding ultimate abilities, there are not that many champions with CC abilities, and even then, having to use your ultimate just to counter a W ability seems a little unbalanced, don't you think?
As for ignite, it is almost useless, as he can heal faster than the damage.
Although saying this, I don't think that having a counter necessarily stops it being OP. He can still basically regenerate to full health regularly (with the relatively low cooldown). This isn't consistent with any other healing abilities.

asd

16-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Yes, it can be countered with CC but I think this is a lot easier said than done, especially in normal games. Excluding ultimate abilities, there are not that many champions with CC abilities, and even then, having to use your ultimate just to counter a W ability seems a little unbalanced, don't you think?
As for ignite, it is almost useless, as he can heal faster than the damage.
Although saying this, I don't think that having a counter necessarily stops it being OP. He can still basically regenerate to full health regularly (with the relatively low cooldown). This isn't consistent with any other healing abilities.
All i hear is that Someone lost agaist ap yi and yells
"Nerf, nerf"

AxelwarriorV

16-12-2012

He is OP only if the enemy team has no hard CC whatsoever.
So, if you get stomped by an AP Yi or Yi in general, it's your team composition which sucks.

BARDAFOCA

16-12-2012

AP Yi is not that strong early game .. if you are so afraid of him pick champions like sion or some champion who can play at solo top if he chooses ap or ad also almost every mid on the current meta have CC if your team doesn't like it has been said by AxelwarriorV "it's your team composition that sucks" also has any game if you where you have been counterpicked or outmatched just play carefully and farm as much as you can waiting for ganks

Aozora Eyes

16-12-2012

I think AP Yi has been kind of a long-running joke for a while. Though in S3 he is a good bit more effective. Items like the Deathfire Grasp remake, Liandry's Torment and all-around cheaper AP items have left him in a fairly good position.

AP Yi is OP vs Squishy teams
AP Yi is worthless vs Tanky teams.

Something like a Negatron Cloak will negate a big portion of his damage.

A Banshee Veil will make sure he can never jump you with his Q as he has no other skills to pop the bubble.

A Maw of Malmortius can bait Yi into wasting his Aplha strike thinking he'll get an easy kill on a semi-low target.

Barrier/Heal can do the same thing.

AP Yi is only effective if he gets kills when he Q's.

The Binary

16-12-2012

He is. Probably gonna be abused more now that he got buffed.

Aozora Eyes

16-12-2012

The buffs don't really help AP Yi anyway. Slightly faster cast time on W is about it.

The buffs mainly benefit AD Yi in the Jungle

1234511 ... 14