AP Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redbullz

21-06-2010

Does this work or just fail ?

seems that his abilities gain 100% from AP expect his heal. . i guess he can be great support . but of course not tank as AP

so. any good with AP alistar ?

Stoertebeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-06-2010

mmm rather not. Those high AP ratios on some champs are very tempting, but dont go just for AP. Or even mainly for AP. Maybe something that has a more supportive role as Will of the Ancients or stuff that boosts your survivability as well (RoA for example, but not Rylais).

/EDIT: ok no wait, this is ****. I just looked up in the LoL wiki. His heal has a AP ratio of 0.4. Better no wasting AP on Alistar

Derrek

21-06-2010

Besides alistar is a horrible farmer. You better invest that tiny bit of money you get in a regular game on mana regen, health, speed. Most games are over after i get locket +2 boots and parts of aegis.

jfrost

21-06-2010

Personally, I wouldn't get the Locket in any situation, since it's purely - purely - defensive. That's never a good idea, because if you go for defense only, what you're essentially doing is giving your opponents more time to farm, since you can't harrass, gank and push as effectively.

I know what you're thinking, "Dude, this is a support char?". And yeah, you'd be right in thinking that. But even with Soraka (with whom it's kinda hard to get kills), I get lots and lots of AP. Never a Locket. Works out real great; you can make up for the "missing" HP by superior healing - all ye gotta do is play like a true support char and stay in the back. The mana and manareg really don't matter that much; even the "+9 for team"-thing isn't as great as keeping everyone alive while silencing their disables. The "heal" from Locket is quickly reduced to laughable, since 50 HP (that's only half a bar!) every three seconds is not even worth getting it in midgame, and in the later stages, it'll not even worry anyone.

With Alistar (God, gotta be careful not to write "Alistair" *rolleyes*), I'd argue it's the same story: What you need from a support is burst heal, just like you need any kind of DPSer to do burst damage. Why? Because it's less easy for your enemy to calculate that in. Even though the longterm heal strategy may be more effective with the numbers and all, the burstheal gives you the element of surprise, which is invaluable in many situations.

The only type of DOT/HOT-gimmick I've seen to be efficiently usable in LoL is Teemo's poison. AP Teemo is viable, but again not 'cause the numbers rule in favor of him, but because people don't expect your poison to stay that extra tick, and to do as much damage as your base attack.

Uhm... I may have lost my point here. Still I hope I got my point across.

I just gotta point out one more thing: Just try it. Good idea to get people together to discuss the topic, but what really matters is your playstyle. That decides whether it's an acceptable build. Go out there and play some matches. Then reconsider if you were doing your team any good. And if you find a way to make the HoT work, then by any means, use it. Maybe we'll meet one fine day and you'll prove to me why this works and completely wipe my buttocks off the face of the earth.

gg, gl, and, most importantly: hf!

DrSLove

01-07-2010

Alistar is nice AP-TANK. Get standard AP Runes/Masteries.
Flash + Blind/Smite.

Start with RoA, Rush boots (sorc boots unless to much cc).
Finalize with Riley Scepter... At this point u have a very nice
dmg and Tankability. The rest is up to you either a) support
items like aura stuff or b) more AP c) more Riley/RoA/Banshee

As long as you use your skills wise there nothin can go wrong !!

Pärtel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

alistar= tank =) i saw some ap alistar and they was very bad but you can try it ^^

Lord Dracosna

03-07-2010

I use AP Alistar and it is bloody brilliant, if you rush nashor's tooth after boots that will allow you to farm better and throw off more nuking headbutts. a normal tank alistar just sits around taking damage but a good Ap alistar can take some damage and deal out alot more, and has a nice escape mechanism eg. his ulti. All though i must admit having 1 ability at a range and 1 right next to you isnt very good but the AP ratios are worth it.

Akyio

03-07-2010

I saw alistar going for deatfiregraps and it was pretty good choice.
i dont know what people need to do when locket has been nerfed, it gives a horrible 25hp regen to allies. but in any case alistar is such a horrible farmer that he usually ends the game with boots and 1 finished item

Auspexa

24-12-2010

Alistar doesn't need support items,who says he can't farm doesnt know anything.With some AP,he can kill many minions with pulverize.My favourite build is RoA,Abyssal Scepter,Mejai,Frozen Heart,Mercury's Treads

Daklha

24-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
Alistar doesn't need support items,who says he can't farm doesnt know anything.With some AP,he can kill many minions with pulverize.My favourite build is RoA,Abyssal Scepter,Mejai,Frozen Heart,Mercury's Treads
Auspexa, don't answer to threads that are clearly from months ago. This is considered trolling and can get you a ban...