What to Watch: IEM Cologne

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMagus

Director of Esports

13-12-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

[aws3]news/December_2012/2012_12_12_What_2_Watch_IEM_Cologne/IEM_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

The Electronic Sports League (ESL) closes out the year in dramatic-fashion with the Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) in Cologne, Germany from December 14 through December 16. Eight teams from Korea and Europe will compete for $50,000 in prizes and points to qualify for the upcoming IEM season finals at CeBIT 2013.

Live from the ESL TV Studios, FnaticRaidCall, SK Telecom T1, Millenium, mouseports, Meet Your Makers, CJ Entus, Counter Logic Gaming EU, and Team Alternate will meet on the Fields of Justice to battle in group stages to advance into the single elimination bracket. The winner of the tournament will automatically qualify for IEMís season finals in addition to their share of the prize pool.

Deman, Joe Miller, and ButButButILY will provide expert commentary and analyses for every skirmish and bloodshed in all matches throughout the competition. Donít miss any of the action at IEMís final tournament of 2012.

Check out the tournament broadcast times below, and donít forget to mark your calendars. For more information about IEM Cologne, visit [url2="http://us.esl.tv/iem/"]ESLís website[/url2].

Daily Start Times

Friday Ė December 14

• 8:00AM Pacific (17:00 CET)

Saturday Ė December 15
  • 8:00AM Pacific (17:00 CET)

Sunday Ė December 16
  • 5:00AM Pacific (14:00 CET)

Marcelo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-12-2012

pacific?

the only ocean i ever saw was the atlantic, and the time i use is in gmt

but it's TOTALLY my fault and i apologize

podbot22335

13-12-2012

shoit teams , wont watch.

everkn0wn

13-12-2012

what patch will this be on?

Ready 2 Rumble

13-12-2012

Am I the only one who thought they were making an IEM Perfume? :L

RohoboK

13-12-2012

Forgive me for this potentially silly question, but I've just checked FNATIC's website to find out the results for the EU qualifiers for this tournament (Why I can't find out some of this information on the IEM site I don't know), and it shows CLG.EU losing in the lower bracket, EARLIER than Moscow 5, yet they qualified and Moscow 5 didn't?

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Maybe it was because CLG.EU got further in the Upper Bracket.

OMG ITS LARIK

13-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohoboK View Post
Forgive me for this potentially silly question, but I've just checked FNATIC's website to find out the results for the EU qualifiers for this tournament (Why I can't find out some of this information on the IEM site I don't know), and it shows CLG.EU losing in the lower bracket, EARLIER than Moscow 5, yet they qualified and Moscow 5 didn't?

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Maybe it was because CLG.EU got further in the Upper Bracket.
the looser brakets were for some reason in favor of CLG.EU
http://fnatic.com/news/10262/fnaticr...m-cologne.html

but Clg.eu didnt qualify for IEM Katowice lost to M5
http://www.in2lol.com/en/matches/35405/

ShakeNBake EUW

13-12-2012

M5 WHERe?

Hinca

14-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK2 View Post
M5 WHERe?
M5 were beaten by MYM in the qualifiers.