Muramana completely outshines Lich Bane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xgladar

09-12-2012

for any assassin or AP melee(kassadin, evelyn, AP yi..) who used to take Lich Bane as one of their items, muramana is 10x times better.
for damage purposes, any champion will do 100damage+ for every autoattack AND ability, with 0 cooldowns or needing to use abilities
and its not really that hard to level, with a combination of normal attacks and ability uses you get to muramana from manamune in about 10minutes

Vantia

09-12-2012

They are completely different items, Muramana drains your mana like crazy, if you keep it on during a whole fight you will use 50-60% of your mana and you cannot poke with it on.

And never get lich bane on Kassadin.

Vetche

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantia View Post
They are completely different items, Muramana drains your mana like crazy, if you keep it on during a whole fight you will use 50-60% of your mana and you cannot poke with it on.

And never get lich bane on Kassadin.
Lich Bane on Kassadin is not so bad if you team feed they like hell. And they just building HP. That might be the extra dmg you need. Because since they no dmg item they cant kill you so fast.

But for most cases no Lich Bane not working on Kassadin. If you not play him jungle and go def item, that i really seen but it can work.

For Muramana Kassadin need to charge his ultimate to take more dmg on it. That mean you not having any mana left.

Vetche

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgladar View Post
for any assassin or AP melee(kassadin, evelyn, AP yi..) who used to take Lich Bane as one of their items, muramana is 10x times better.
for damage purposes, any champion will do 100damage+ for every autoattack AND ability, with 0 cooldowns or needing to use abilities
and its not really that hard to level, with a combination of normal attacks and ability uses you get to muramana from manamune in about 10minutes
But on AP Yi might be good since you ultimate is good. Make some extra Ad dmg. I think that can work if you fight against people then they build bad. But still you need Lich Bane on Yi to.

So if enemy build Mr to counter AP Yi build a Muramana might be OP. But most case they go to much armor. That mean it will not help since you build 0 armor penetration.
For the rest I say the attack speed is to low if the enemy have Oman and Frozen. And Zeke not give attack speed anymore

Nice idea like it. I might try Manamure on Ap Yi if they build bad.

Xgladar

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantia View Post
They are completely different items.
how so? apart from the movement increase and mr on lichbane, they are the same thing. items for people who are AP to give more OOMPH! to their melee damage

and yes, during a fight your mana will drain, so long as you get the kills why would you want a full mana bar?
during poke engagements you simply turn muramana off, the mana regen during that time gets you full quite fast

Murkked

09-12-2012

murama is sustained damage not burst. its for champions like urgot. u can go on it for yi and stuff, but how r u gonna stack it? also yi will always go for ap early for burst and sustain, the murama would only fit in after all the core ap items and so you cannot stack it.

Vetche

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkked View Post
murama is sustained damage not burst. its for champions like urgot. u can go on it for yi and stuff, but how r u gonna stack it? also yi will always go for ap early for burst and sustain, the murama would only fit in after all the core ap items and so you cannot stack it.
That what i meant. It only OK to buy then the enemy have 0 armour and hundreds of MR. Just say if I play AP Yi and the enemy have to much MR I might buy it, because Void staff got nerfed. But if the enemy got much stun and burst it might not be good to buy.

Just say it available on him now.

But only wonna buy it on less then 1 % of the games

Murkked

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetche View Post
That what i meant. It only OK to buy then the enemy have 0 armour and hundreds of MR. Just say if I play AP Yi and the enemy have to much MR I might buy it, because Void staff got nerfed. But if the enemy got much stun and burst it might not be good to buy.

Just say it available on him now.

But only wonna buy it on less then 1 % of the games
but that defeats the purpose of ap yi. he wont get resets through murama and his tanking ability through heal is weaker. also murama is still weak to mr because it still does magic damage. so really it adds nothing to ap yi.

Chris von Muir

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgladar View Post
how so? apart from the movement increase and mr on lichbane, they are the same thing. items for people who are AP to give more OOMPH! to their melee damage

and yes, during a fight your mana will drain, so long as you get the kills why would you want a full mana bar?
during poke engagements you simply turn muramana off, the mana regen during that time gets you full quite fast
Muramana is for people who are AP? Isn't Muramana Manamune's new evolution, which gives additional mana and AD?

As for melee APs being better with Muramana, Well... Fizz. Fizz with Lichbane on his Q would probably be better than using Muramana because he just doesn't autoattack that fast unless you build him AP/ATS. Plus, it gives him movement speed and more AP, and Fizz with movement speed is ridiculously good because he already ignores unit collision.

Minnakht

09-12-2012

Muramana builds out of an AD item - it isn't really good for AP champions, since it conflicts with Seraph's Embrace, which gives tons of AP.

It is mostly for champions like Yoric, which build Tear to manage their high sustained mana costs and then want it to do something useful lategame.