AP poppy or AD poppy? help plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

so, which does more dmg an AP poppy or an AD poppy?
say me which and why plz, only good players if is possible, ty .

Dakonblackblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

It works fine either way . Just get Sheen. Also u can practice junglepoppy and go for lantern and then AD

Wik Zhalifa

06-01-2011

AD works most fine, just get an ap back up with dorans ring as start and guinsoos rageblade in the midgame, sheen and then most likely ie and one asp item like starks or malady
works super for me

also i recently jungle poppy, but i dont got a for a madreds item and i rush sheen since it does more damage at all with your q than ith aa and madreds

Harlequingrim

07-01-2011

AD is easier for someone who's just starting poppy; better farming and you have some lifesteal.
I would build doran's shield then sheen and boots, then ungrade to trinity force and then build ghostblade, with maybe a vamp scepter along the way at some point

AP poppy needs champion kills because she farms horribly:
build sheen + boots, then DFG, then finish lichbane; you should be able to kill any squishy in one combo, then run

Wik Zhalifa

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequingrim View Post
AD is easier for someone who's just starting poppy; better farming and you have some lifesteal.
I would build doran's shield then sheen and boots, then ungrade to trinity force and then build ghostblade, with maybe a vamp scepter along the way at some point

AP poppy needs champion kills because she farms horribly:
build sheen + boots, then DFG, then finish lichbane; you should be able to kill any squishy in one combo, then run
AP poppy farms better in the early game if starting with dorans ring, couse you got the extra ap for your q and the mana reg, pop q sometimes to last hit creeps to have 100%ly creep kills, normaly besides that feature you will last hit only with your auto attacks...
thats why i play ad poppy with start item dorans ring...you dont need the armor or life reg becouse you got it already via your w

Gufnork

07-01-2011

So, no one wants to answer the actual question. Well, it's hard to answer. AP Poppy deals more damage early game and more in a quick one-second burst, while AD Poppy deals more damage over time, especially late game. The big advantage of AP Poppy is that she can do hit and runs, deal massive damage then get away before anyone can do anything to her. AD Poppy needs to stay in harms way to deal full damage.

KMeson

07-01-2011

Ok AD vs AP:

AP
Pros: Hits like a truck, massive burst damage, champion killer of note.
Cons: Very squishy, cant farm all that well, *needs* champion kills, not a very good pusher, weaker late game than AD.

AD:
Pros: Consistent damage output, good pusher and team fighter, easier to play than AP, increased survivability.
Cons: Burst damage considerably less, weaker early game than AP.

Basically, you have to try both builds and see which fit your playstyle best.

Kyrow

07-01-2011

Finally i tried the 2 builds and i found better for my play style that build:
1. executioner
2. asp boots
3. spectral dancer
4. divine edge
5.fervor
6.blood

i played with that build and i got decent dmg and lifesteal, i do ulti on my target or on tank and nobody can stop me to kill 1-2 champs
ty all for the help that was useful =).

KMeson

07-01-2011

Ok, drop Executioner and use Trinity force starting with Sheen. Believe me that will substantially increase your DPS.

Maxlurifax

07-01-2011

Personally I prefer AP poppy for the damage. (I try to squeeze in some magic resist/armor though, zhonyas hourglass is an excellent item for AP poppy)

AP makes her devastating blow and heroic charge hit harder(most importantly devastating blow being her main dmg dealer)

there are more AD items that give AD + armor/magic resist so AD offers more survivability without buying tank items imo.

to put it short

AP=burst (and I really mean it, poppy is the burst queen)
AD=more survivability, more like your regular AD champ (still good burst but not the same wtfpwn)