How To Become a Good Mid Player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrpriority

06-12-2012

Hey I have a question for you guys.
How does one become good at playing mid? Mid is overly contested in 90% of the games..
It's pretty much impossible to play alot of mid games..
I do like playing mid, but if I want to become good at something it might be smarter to pick jungle or adc since they are way less contested.

So aside from getting a team together.. any thoughts on this?

Fiio

06-12-2012

Hi Mrpriority,
I play mid alot and most of the time simply saying that you prefer Mid helps me get it. you should try to talk to your teammates, eventhough i know most of the players won't discuss their pick

Mrpriority

06-12-2012

I tried that.. Alot.. seems like the only way to play mid is to either insta-lock or play duo mid..(yes it happens..ALOT) I do have to say.. its worse in normal.. There seem to be some decent people around 1400 ish.. Most of the time atleast one or 2 are nice guys and then we discuss picks and im ok with that but other times..
Guess im just that kind of guy that just ignores people who act ridiculously.. Attention only makes it worse in my perspection..
Does it get any better in higher elo?

Sebob

06-12-2012

Don't start jungling, it's the worst role regarding community behaviour and the hardest role to master aswell.

Chris von Muir

06-12-2012

If you're having trouble grabbing that mid lane, try playing with a group of friends if possible. Of course, this only works with 5 friends but being able to sort your group out beforehand is nice. The only real way to do it with some people is to type "mid" as fast as you can as you enter the champion select lobby (or copy/paste, but that's cheating :P). Oh, and if you're talking mid as in playing an AP carry, you can always solo top as a mage, the popular meta has a bruiser up top but this isn't set in stone.

tactical grace

06-12-2012

I find draft pick tends to give u better chance and gettiung ur role, dont know if this helps

Babadiboopy

06-12-2012

Well draft should get you mid at least 20% of the time :P
Otherwise tweak you setting so the champion select load times aren't as high. Since the whole 'call your lane' culture has taken over it's good to be in champ select quickly. Mine is pretty much instant and I often call my lane before others enter the room (leading to annoying arguments >.<) but it does let me play what I want in 90% of blind pick games.

As for ranked, as your elo rises people will hopefully be more perceptive to your preferred role. But probably not.

mnstertank

06-12-2012

you dont

CrossShade

06-12-2012

If you got a good w/l Ratio mid use lolking to prove it in Ranked.

I know I may get a lot of hate for this, but this unfortunately is a fact and works.

I got mid carrying my way up to 1600 doing this.

Got 6 games out of 17 where I didn't get mid.

All the others people let me grab it over them.

HelloYou

06-12-2012

Bit of a stupid question but ill enlighten you with some of my semi pro knowledge, you never 'become' a good player you start out a good player then become a excellent player within a matter of hours on the game.