Ping Check System!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karluk Beg

05-01-2011

There must be a ping check system in the game. There are a lot of LoL players in our university campus. We wre playing without any problem till 2 weeks ago. However we began to have high ping problems since last 2 weeks. But some times we are not having that problem. Connection problem is just occuring when we are playing LoL. In last 2 weeks we had to make some quits because it was impossible for us to play the game in over hundreds of pings. (sometimes it reache to 999). If we were able to see the ping before the game starts, it would be nice for other players too that because we dont have to make quits at the begining of the game. Is it possible to bring a Ping Check system or something else like that?

BingoBoy

05-01-2011

Go into tutorial mode, you can check ping there + quit whenever you want.

Karluk Beg

05-01-2011

thats a nice advice =) thanks!

(but a ping check system can still be good, if it is possible)

Boompje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

05-01-2011

http://www.pingtest.net/

You can check it easily over here... just google: "Ping Test" or "Internet Speed Test".

The number you'll get from these checks are pretty much the same as in game.. as i get 30-40 Ping in test and in game.

Karluk Beg

05-01-2011

i get "4" ping in for region and for east europe. Where is the eu LoL server? i should check with that region.

Boompje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

05-01-2011

They are in GB

Karluk Beg

05-01-2011

By the way it is not possible to see the ping during tutorial.

Kogling

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karluk Beg View Post
i get "4" ping in for region and for east europe. Where is the eu LoL server? i should check with that region.
This is where it gets complicated because they are not necesarily using one server in one datacenter to run the games, though they probably are tbh.

There is no means to tell when a particular conection will start to break down so even if you "ping tested" their servers, ultimately your connection could fail at any point.

A simple ping test or better, a traceroute will reveal if your network is stable. Ping /tracerouting to one of the server's IP's could reveal if they are currently experiencing problems, it isn't going to be 100% accurate since you could be put on a differernt server with a bottleneck in one of the nodes.

basically, unless you can prove it is lol with a accurate traceroute to on eof their servers when you're experiencing lag it could be your ISP and a pingtest.net should do you fine.

pabechan

05-01-2011

No, servers are in Germany.
And if you don't wanna get bored by playing tutorials, test your ping in practice games instead. ^^

STFU ragenoob

22-05-2013

Check the NA forums, there's a solution there using the CMD prompt (Google it!). NA fixed the issue.