how to counter kennen ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just1more

04-01-2011

i just had a match and im quite angry at the roflstomping ninja hamster he wasnt fed at all in fact we were wining in lane fase but when the team battles begn not only does he stunn the entire team he also deals sick dmg doing it ..and wen u try to focus him or doing anything at all its already to late ur stunned and mostly dead already just fyi it was a 3v3 match

AlbertHeijn

04-01-2011

have u tried mres? how about mercs?

Just1more

04-01-2011

lulz .. i didnt think of merc treads .. and bout the getting mres its good to counter him but it would make me do less dmg and be more vurnerable to his team mates ho werent ap

Kelas Shadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

It's a pretty good question, I find stun spamming him currently seems to be the best way of dealing with his hampster self. Merc's treads and mres still doesn't seem to shut out his rediculously high damage, and he more or less always escapes if you don't stun him first.

Alternately, another hampster has a good trick for dealing with him.... SHROOMS. Or Trynd can smash his face off etc, but yeah he's a nasty one to counter lol.

AlbertHeijn

04-01-2011

High dmg and kennen in one sentence? u on shrooms?

Anyways, silence is a good way to stop his ult. If youre playing a champ with silence save it for when kennen ults(the ult cancels). Olaf is also anti-kennen.
Other then that there arent many specifics to defeating him, tackle this problem like any other. (stun and kill)

Tahoparaszt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
lulz .. i didnt think of merc treads .. and bout the getting mres its good to counter him but it would make me do less dmg and be more vurnerable to his team mates ho werent ap
Ye if you are dead u must be dealing crazy dmg....

Less dmg alive is more then OMGWTF dmg and dead in 1 seconds...

Sendotux

05-01-2011

If he initiates, CC him and focus him like no tomorrow. You'll be all little damaged and with some marks of storm on your heads, but since he'll be dead no one will add more to you for a stun.

If he doesn't initiate, save at least one CC (a snare is enough) for when he does his ultimate. Depending on his position, focus him or retreat from the TF. Your melees should get Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash. Both items counter him very well, as they provide magic resist and one allows to nullify his stun and the other one difficults his way to stun you.

Zalz

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendotux View Post
If he initiates, CC him and focus him like no tomorrow. You'll be all little damaged and with some marks of storm on your heads, but since he'll be dead no one will add more to you for a stun.

If he doesn't initiate, save at least one CC (a snare is enough) for when he does his ultimate. Depending on his position, focus him or retreat from the TF. Your melees should get Banshee's Veil or Quicksilver Sash. Both items counter him very well, as they provide magic resist and one allows to nullify his stun and the other one difficults his way to stun you.
I think many people don't actually understand the mechanics behind Kennen. If he initiates he will be doing this 9/10 times with lightning rush and his ulti.

If Kennen has his lightning rush on he receives a ton of MR and armor. Kennen will generally have high HP anyway because it's expected for him to be in the middle of the fight. Nuking down your average Kennen is like focussing the tank down first.

Kennen approaches 4kHP with 100+ on MR and armor.

The same old same old excuse is brought forth however. Everyone buy a banshee or everyone buy 6x ****ing thornmail. When will you people learn?

If you stack massive HP and 300MR you are right, Kennen is not going to be a threat. Problem is this ain't a 1v1 game and Kennen will have won the game if he forces your entire team to build a banshee.

Kennen is horribly overpowered:

1) Great laner, only champ with a skillshot for long range and a target shot for over-minion harrasement.

2) Incredible damage, one of the best for any caster

3) Cannot be ganked. Seriously it can't be done, no good Kennen can be ganked with that low-cooldown speed rush and defense buff.

4) AoE-damage, there you have it, that alone makes his damage off the charts compared to anyone else. He has one of the best AoE in the game.

5) AoE-stun, because dealing more AoE-damage per target then a ****ing single-target nuking Akali ain't enough, you need an AoE CC, not just any CC, the best there is.

Honestly get real. We are talking about a champion with an AoE stun, insane damage, incredible laning phase, one of the best farmers in the game, more defense then a ****ing physical champ and more damage aswell.

I still want to see how people believe that Kennen is balanced, he has all these pro's and no downsides to speak off. Kennen isn't squishy, Kennen does crazy damage, Kennen can't be ganked.

I get it, you play Kennen you think you are all that, but for the most part Kennen players just mistake the OPness of their champion for their own skill. Anyone can start getting crazy good scores on Kennen.

Kennen is a must have for any competive team, damage-wise, CC wise there is just no competing with that. Morgana used to be the must-have champion but she has surely been replaced with Kennen and atleast Kennen is easier to play solo-que aswell.

You know what? Kennen is Morgana, with more CC, better farming and more damage. Better resource pool aswell, but that's just adding insult to injury.

AlbertHeijn

05-01-2011

Hey you, the poster above me, stop crying and get your feet back on the ground.

Aeon1337

05-01-2011

Rammus taunts and then you focus him down.

Another way to kill him is annie combo.

or a simple crazy Yi with cleanse.