Xin zhao or Jax ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rajai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2012

High guys I need a new champ for top and jungle,
Wich one is the best for you ?
Xin zhao or jax ? whart are the pro and cons for each ones ?
Thx in advance

LukeDinosaur

25-11-2012

I prefer Jax although I have played him a lot more so probably know him better

Jax pros : Dat E dodge & stun (perfect for combating jungle ganks and initiating fights
R : passive 3rd strike damage is wicked especially if linked with a Q + sheen

Cons : W is just a bit sorta meh, I'll use it but it's not majorly helpful

Xin : Good initiator with the dash then Q for the hit up 3 hit shot and nice for farming sustain with his W but isn't as tanky as jax although has greater mobility

Iuckystar

25-11-2012

both easyfaceroll champs. jax can carry 1 vs5 so with no skill. so pick him up

evengeT

25-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamlag View Post
both easyfaceroll champs. jax can carry 1 vs5 so with no skill. so pick him up
so, no skill. Believe me, if you want to carry 1v5 you need great skill, unless you enemies are brain dead.

Both champions are strong. I choose Xin for jungling and Jax for solotop.

Vaylen Obscuras

25-11-2012

Well, 1vs5, practically no champ can win it out without great skill, overfed-ness or braindead enemies~ Some work it out in such situations, some not.
However, you want a strong top-laner? Someone that can probably jungle, too? If you like him, take Yorick. Jax and Xin Zhao are two champions, that are both pwetty much VERY easy to use - and like mentioned, they are both complete facerolls. I would not call them OP, even though, they are extremely powerful if fed - but they are both simply annoying to me and many others I'd say.
Yorick is a rarely seen champ, he requires a good build and quite some skill to play efficient - though, he is not that hard to use. His passive grants him incredible tankiness if utilized properly, which is why he can really win out such "1vs5" situations - believe me, I already managed it(Okay, some of my enemies were braindead, but meh xD, thats the only way it could even work). As a build, I'd suggest for him: Merc treads-Manamune-Trinity-Atmas-Warmogs-Situational. Thats usually how I roll him.

Another good top champ which I also like to use is Pantheon - I build in him as an off-tank however. His spear grants him a wonderful harass, his passive makes him an effective towerdiver. My Panth is build rather tanky - I start off with merc treads, then get a brutalizer for quick damage, armor pen and CDR, then I build up a trinity force(He profits greatly of it) - after that, Atmas, which increases my damage considerably and of course also my defense, then a Warmogs. I probably complete the Ghostblade then and get something situational for me(If I am doing well, I get Bloodthirster, if my team has problems and needs more tankiness, I get some Armor/Mres Item). Also, Pantheon's Ult has so damn many uses - If coordinated with an ally that has some good CC, you can make it deal nigh full damage, which chunks a LOT of health away. You have an incredible presence due to that "free teleport" - you can do "ranged ganks", sort of, block your enemies escape paths or even get them while they are recalling - it is a bit difficult to use at times, but works out great

Anyway, these two are two of my favourite tops, I hope you try em out.

Mimr

25-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylen Obscuras View Post
Well, 1vs5, practically no champ can win it out without great skill, overfed-ness or braindead enemies~ Some work it out in such situations, some not.
However, you want a strong top-laner? Someone that can probably jungle, too? If you like him, take Yorick. Jax and Xin Zhao are two champions, that are both pwetty much VERY easy to use - and like mentioned, they are both complete facerolls. I would not call them OP, even though, they are extremely powerful if fed - but they are both simply annoying to me and many others I'd say.
Yorick is a rarely seen champ, he requires a good build and quite some skill to play efficient - though, he is not that hard to use. His passive grants him incredible tankiness if utilized properly, which is why he can really win out such "1vs5" situations - believe me, I already managed it(Okay, some of my enemies were braindead, but meh xD, thats the only way it could even work). As a build, I'd suggest for him: Merc treads-Manamune-Trinity-Atmas-Warmogs-Situational. Thats usually how I roll him.

Another good top champ which I also like to use is Pantheon - I build in him as an off-tank however. His spear grants him a wonderful harass, his passive makes him an effective towerdiver. My Panth is build rather tanky - I start off with merc treads, then get a brutalizer for quick damage, armor pen and CDR, then I build up a trinity force(He profits greatly of it) - after that, Atmas, which increases my damage considerably and of course also my defense, then a Warmogs. I probably complete the Ghostblade then and get something situational for me(If I am doing well, I get Bloodthirster, if my team has problems and needs more tankiness, I get some Armor/Mres Item). Also, Pantheon's Ult has so damn many uses - If coordinated with an ally that has some good CC, you can make it deal nigh full damage, which chunks a LOT of health away. You have an incredible presence due to that "free teleport" - you can do "ranged ganks", sort of, block your enemies escape paths or even get them while they are recalling - it is a bit difficult to use at times, but works out great

Anyway, these two are two of my favourite tops, I hope you try em out.
I really do not see the point of getting a triforce on Pantheon, that's just wasting his awesome AD ratios. Sure, he has spammable abilities, but he simply isn't an auto- attacker nor does he have an auto-attack enhancer skill like so many other prime triforce users have.

He has no use for crit, AS and AP, the movement speed bonus doesn't benefit him as much as other champions because he has a gapclosing stun and a teleport, and because he's not an auto attacker the sheen and phage proc don't benefit him as much as other champs either.

Vaylen Obscuras

25-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimr View Post
I really do not see the point of getting a triforce on Pantheon, that's just wasting his awesome AD ratios. Sure, he has spammable abilities, but he simply isn't an auto- attacker nor does he have an auto-attack enhancer skill like so many other prime triforce users have.

He has no use for crit, AS and AP, the movement speed bonus doesn't benefit him as much as other champions because he has a gapclosing stun and a teleport, and because he's not an auto attacker the sheen and phage proc don't benefit him as much as other champs either.
Well, some swear on Trinity, some find it simply wasteful, as you do. I tested both out and I found myself using trinity force being rather nice on him - he can use the sheen proc rather well, AS is useful for his passive, AP is not that useful for him, but his Ult and his gapcloser both scale with AP. Furthermore, if you opt to change your tactic with him a bit, he does indeed auto attack - and that quite much if you want. MS on Pantheon is simply great - but that is just preference. I make a lot of use of Trinity on Pantheon, but as I said, some swear on it, some find it a pure waste. Pantheon can be build in many ways - ranging from full tank, hybrid or full AD - finding the build that fits your playstyle best is the key.

Evil Squidward

26-11-2012

xin is more fun (never seen a jax run about singing make a man out of you while carrying). but jax is by far the stronger champ.

jax is nigh-on uncounterable (exept by some gimmick champs and vlad). xin is great against squishies but if u dont feed him he falls off hard since he dosent have any escape.

jax has better escape, a better defensive cooldown, a lot of passive steroids, hybrid damage so he cant be counterbuilt and his gap close doubles as an escape. he is by far a better top and in S3 he is looking to be a top-tier jungler.

its not really that hard a choice

Aozora Eyes

26-11-2012

Xin and Jax are quite similar.

Xin can be useful as more of a Tank or by building cheaper Items where Jax requires a lot of Gold to become god-like. So Xin is more useful as a Jungler where Jax is, essentially, the Toplane King.

In Toplane, Jax vs Xin in most cases, Jax is just plain better.

Xin's dash may have a slow on it, though Jax's jump is a lower CD, higher damage, higher range and can be used to jump to Allies / Creeps / Wards giving him an Escape mechanic that Xin Zhao lacks.

Xin has some sustain, a knock up, an AoE knock back and high potential Armor and Mres buff. He has slightly higher burst damage than Jax, but Jax has much higher consistent damage with his entire kit. Jax's E ability is what really makes him superior to Xin as its just so dam strong.

Jax's Ultimate's Active makes him very Tanky and is good for fighting. Xin Zhao's ultimate can potentially make him even more Tanky than Jax, but he requires hitting 3-4 people with it, so its not as strong 1 on 1.

Personally, I love Xin Zhao top, he has one of the strongest early games and can bully a lot of champions even with few / no items. Though the simple flaw that he has no ability to escape a gank and no way to reduce damage, at least till level 6 but thats not always enough. Where Jax's E and Q make him very safe even from ganks.

Jax will always be a more viable pick Top than Xin Zhao
Xin Zhao is a better Jungler due to less gold reliance and similar ganking power.