AD or AP Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain WSS

04-01-2011

Right, i felt i had the need to post this.

I have recieved so much abuse for playing kassadin AD, yet i dont see why.

Kassadin with 4 archangels, zhonyas ring (before patch) and a sorcerers boots. 1kish AP, his Null Sphere will deal about 900 damage, excluding MR and his force pulse will deal about 1000 damage, excluding MR. Riftwalk will deal 400 on the first, then 520 on second, 640 on third etc and so on. (i have tried to max his AP here, he is still extremely squishy and in no way is this build viable considering he could be instagibbed in any form of stun / cc)

Kassadin with an AD build, say; Phantom dancer, Infinity edge, Starks, Nashors tooth, Berserkers greaves and Black cleaver will deal 335 with Null Sphere, 355 with force pulse, 135ish per initial riftwalk and another 120 after that per rift. And he'll be doing 300-400 per hit without nether blade active and 400-500 per hit with it activated. (All armor, will be null and void)
And those are excluding crits.

Also he turns magic damage into attack speed making him a class A anticaster.

So ya, are AD kassadins really r etarded?

They have the crowd control skillz to slow their opponents and silence them while doing menial damage AND then hit them for high amounts of damage.

Where the AP kassadin has the option to nuke and then gtfo (good opponents will build magic resist, and to find yourself dealing some damage again you'll need to sell an archangels and buying a void staff).

Discuss.

PS: my math is not great, i failed my math GCSE; If some mathhead would wish to do the hard stuff then feel free.

No Fun AIIowed

04-01-2011

AD isn't very good.
He is better AP since his ratios are amazing and will go to waste on an AD or hybrid build.

Captain WSS

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulliK View Post
AD isn't very good.
He is better AP since his ratios are amazing and will go to waste on an AD or hybrid build.
Aww, but what about his FREE 50 armor penetration, his ability to turn magic damage into attack speed, these are beautiful abilities that go to waste on an AP build.

Also he gets more riftwalks in if attacking an enemy champion; reason, he gets 60 mana back per hit.

No Fun AIIowed

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave IV View Post
Aww, but what about his FREE 50 armor penetration, his ability to turn magic damage into attack speed, these are beautiful abilities that go to waste on an AP build.

Also he gets more riftwalks in if attacking an enemy champion; reason, he gets 60 mana back per hit.
Meh, he's still not very good, his abilities synergise better with burst, go in silence so they can't nuke you back, slow, ignite chase up with some auto attacks IF YOU MUST and then teleport right the **** away before they can react.
That ability is mainly there as a way to charge E in my opinion, it's also kinda useful if you need to chase up your nukes and ignite with a few AA's .

EpicVipa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

ive just bought kassadin a few days ago and im going AP
i think its just better and does more damage from spells (because he is a caster)

VacheQuiPue

04-01-2011

ure stiilll squichy and not very useful late game in ganks...
best way to play kassa :

1- 1000 AP build and
nuke -> riftwalk away
or
nuke->zonya ->riftwalkaway

2- ROA + rylai + banshee
riftwalk in ->nuke -> walk away
nuke-> nuke -> nuke -> nuke xDDDDD

iGotMjölk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Actually tank kass is the most efficient. lol.

Sunrider

04-01-2011

Ok the way you described the build.. well yea he is 2 squishy
think of this
ROd of Ages-Rylais crystal scpter-Zeonias ring(after the patch i havent tried)-archangel staff-archagnel staff- Sorceres boots
2.5 k health and almost 600-700 damage his first ability 800-900 his slow and ulty dont know
Plus the huge slow provided by rylais
end game
Then only caster that deserves beeing built full ability power is lux and le blanc as they can stay alive and deal damage with very low health

Ticklebear

04-01-2011

Zhonyas ring, 4 archangel and shoes is just.. A stupid build for kassadin. Better turn one of those archangel into a rod of ages or rylais crystal scepter. Or even a warmogs armor and he will be able to stand and fight spamming q and e.

AP kassa is alot better than AD..

Tsumeato

04-01-2011

5 archangels and a zhonya's is how you identify noobs, if you're feeling too squishy, get RoA or Rylai's instead.