Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Important changes to the Privacy Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ciTiger

11-21-2012

Good job! Hope we have more details soon!

11-21-2012

Quote:
Riot Lomar:
-Lomar's message, TLDR version: LoL API incoming.

I'm calling dibs on making a jungle timer. Will use DirectX injection to put the timers in a visible way onto your client as well as the API to gather the necessary data for its functioning.
Also, it *might* give you info about the theoretical jungle clear and route thanks to this spreadsheet. (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=931226)

dotPeddy

11-21-2012

Quote:
KrusheD:
I'm calling dibs on making a jungle timer. Will use DirectX injection to put the timers in a visible way onto your client as well as the API to gather the necessary data for its functioning.
Also, it *might* give you info about the theoretical jungle clear and route thanks to this spreadsheet. (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=931226)

think i saw a red post somewhere that they are already considering making timers that are more visible, since as it is now, it's a stupid measurement of 'skill' or something like that. but hey, you might beat em to it ( or they might change their mind :P).

Kogling

11-21-2012

Quote:
Riot Lomar:
Hey summoners,

Brolaf here. Let’s get the legal mumbo-jumbo out of the way first: We’ll be updating the Privacy Policy you agree to when you play League of Legends in the next patch to accommodate some changes to how we plan on handling player data in the game. We take player privacy very seriously at Riot, so I want to explain the change thoroughly so you understand why we’re making this change, and how it ultimately benefits players.

This is the section that will be added to the policy:

"In the event that you choose to create an Account and play the Game, we also collect certain information regarding your in-Game performance and/or interactions with other users (e.g., wins / losses, recent champions played, average number of kills / deaths etc.). These statistics are associated with your in-Game Summoner name and are publicly accessible by members of the Riot Games community. In addition, we may share your in-Game statistics with third parties in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy. To be clear, no personal information about you, such as your email address, username, IP address, or other sensitive information, will be shared as a part of this process."

-Brolaf
aren't you supposed to have this already in your privacy policy anyway, including notices such as the fact you keep a record of 'who' players report, what the tribunal outcome of those report against those players that is then used to determine whether a player is "report abusing" and subsequently banned /punished as a result?

To keep in line with the Safe Harbor Act you are legally required to follow? i.e. to notify players of what data you collect, for how long, and why you need this data.

?

Nura Rikio

11-21-2012

Aaaah, the reason why I rage inside.
People can see, what I did, people can see, when I fail, they only look at the fails. There are good moments, but because it's possible to look what I did, in my mind, I only lose and only fail.

LockerKey

11-21-2012

What if this goes wrong and every troll in League of legends starts flaming at people and making them bervous?

JoJo90

11-22-2012

you're going in the wrong direction once again...
nice way to make people even more unkind to each other IG and in game selection wp

Roganik

11-22-2012

Will we be able to edit some in-game stuff? Like interface, like chat, like adobe-air-client(for example make new tabs or even make custom tags for champions and be able to edit them?)?

feuerbach

11-24-2012

excuse me, what is the meaning of "publicly accessible by members of the Riot Games community"?

"publicly" implies access for everybody, doesn't it? is our only option to say "no thx" not to play the game?

Ironc

11-25-2012

Can we have an ETA ? Is it about days, weeks or months? I am really interested