Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Important changes to the Privacy Policy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slaite

11-21-2012

I'm still not sure what difference this is going to make. what kind of "awesome stuff" would they be able to make with this data?

JD 2020

Community Program Manager

11-21-2012

Quote:
Slaite:
I'm still not sure what difference this is going to make. what kind of "awesome stuff" would they be able to make with this data?

Hey Slaite,

Cool stats sites like LoLKing.net and EloBuff.com are a couple examples of "awesome stuff", and their services will get even better with a dedicated API they can access.

Then there are the other things that nobody has thought of yet because this hasn't existed yet. It's like, the world would have never had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups if Peanut Butter wasn't invented first, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are AWESOME!

We're super excited to talk more about the API, but that will come later. This privacy policy change is just paving the way for that discussion.

Cheers,

-JD
http://twitter.com/JD_2020

xInnocent aCe

11-21-2012

Sounds cool, but can probably lead to more flame in champ select, which is already pretty messed up

THE METALLIAN

11-21-2012

Hey. Will you provide a way for us to authenticate users? For example, will people be able to link their LoL account to an account they create with our 3rd party service?

HaIfhearted

11-21-2012

Is there any chance that, in the absence of a ranked option, we will be able to track our hidden Dominion elos?

Back when programs like Jabebot and Lolmatches allowed us to mine our hidden Dominion elos from the Riot servers, we saw a surge of competitive spirit among higher level Dominion players as they learned about those tools, and I would very much like to see that spirit renewed.

dotPeddy

11-21-2012

sweet, looking forward to it

Boompje

Senior Wrenchman

11-21-2012

Is there any way we can subscribe or register to get access to the API ?

Thenel

11-21-2012

Quote:
JD 2020:

Cool stats sites like LoLKing.net and EloBuff.com are a couple examples of "awesome stuff", and their services will get even better with a dedicated API they can access.

Then there are the other things that nobody has thought of yet because this hasn't existed yet

JD and Brolaf,
Does this mean we can start thinking about HUD's and UI's
And other "various" add-ons ?

All the Best,

Thenel

Sevenix

Adjudicator

11-21-2012

Just here to upvote Lomar.
This could provide us with some truly awesome stuff.

mrlolzz

11-21-2012

Can you fix the lolnotes problem first. I understand you want people to make cool things and I am all for that. But being able to see the opposing team in ranked before the games starts is broken and should not be acceptable in my opinion.