How to play diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vismiux

20-11-2012

Could anyone give me some tips? What are her cons and pros? What is her bigger couter, and what build and runes works best? Thanks for answers.

ProxyDamage

20-11-2012

Diana is a melee AP assassin with good burst and surprisingly good survivability for an assassin (due to her shield). She excels at dashing in and quickly bursting down squishy targets, while easily tanking their burst.

She has issues with tankier champions that can tank her burst (like Mordekaiser or Galio), since her sustained damage isn't all that good. If she burns all of her cooldowns on someone and they don't die, her sustained damage isn't horrible, because of her passive, but she won't get decent damage again till all of her cooldowns refresh, so someone like Mordekaiser can simply tank her full initial burst, then overtake her in damage as time goes on, as she's relatively squishy once her shield is down, so she needs to play hit and run against a Morde.

Ironically, apparently, her hardest counter is rather squishy himself: Heimerdinger. Problem being that Heimer has excellent zoning, and at melee range his grenade is very easy to hit.

Her build seems to be typical AP assassin: Abyssal Scepter, Rabbadon's, Zhonya's, maybe with an early Guntech Revolver in there if you want some sustain.

No idea about runes, but I'm guessing typical AP runes.

v1rtue

20-11-2012

Although Diana is usually played as an AP assassin, you can play her as a tanky initiator. That is what I like to do. If your team lacks a tank, you can easily take that role. Build items like Warmogs, Abyssal, Randuins, FH and engage every fight with R-E and let your team unleash all their AoE now that everyone is clumped together.
If you go this route, you should not go mid, but go top or jungle instead.

HybridxAngel

21-11-2012

Q.R.W.E.R.D.AA.AA.AA.AA
Sorcerer Shoes
Deathcap--->i used 2 go for DFG but its kinda RIP
Abby Scepter ---> Low Range -20Mr debuff for enemy
Lich Bane --->Ms,bonus melee Damage
Crystal Scepter---> Slow +500Hp
Zhonyas --->Godlike Active+armour

midnight illusio

21-11-2012

In my opinion, the main cons of Diana are that she has a hard time in lane until level 6, and if you miss your Q it will cut your damage in half. Anyone who can take advantage of this weakness in lane can shut her down. When I play Diana, I go for more of an AP bruiser type build rather than the squishy assassin:

Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass
Lichbane
Deathcap
Void Staff

PlaygroundTactix

21-11-2012

Well I just went 10/2/11 with her less than an hour ago (Kid Glock EU west). I am only lvl 26 so my masteries were 21/5/0 and I started with your regular boots/3 pots combo. I stayed near the back of my minions, only moving forward to last hit minions and keep their mid away with Q. On my first trip back I bought 2 Doran's rings and upgraded boots into Sorc's shoes. Then Abysal scepter - Rabadon's cap - Void Staff and I was building towards GA but we won. My skill chain was Q-W-Q-E-Q-R then prioritise Q-W-E in that order. Her combo is pretty standard, Q their champ to set up a kill and R onto them. If you hit Q on a champ, your ult's cooldown is not activated, giving you a free 2nd dash ult. As you dash, activate your shield (W) and chop away at them. Once all 3 orbs have hit their champ, your shield is refreshed, allowing you to stay in for longer. If they are out of range of auto attacks, drag them back with E but don't use E to start as a flash/blink will guarentee their escape and leave you without a means of slowing enemies that attempt to gank you. Also, if you landed your Q before ulting, you will have it again, meaning once they do blink/flash, you ult onto them again shutting out the distance. Hope this helps