Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for a group to play with and learn too

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephirisz

01-02-2011

Hello, I started playing this game since uhm, yesterday.

I followed the tutorial and played a few solo 5vs5 games and my account level is 5 atm.
Its a fun game, and I like to improve.

I bought "ashe" as I generally like to play ranged classes with that few IP I got after completing the tutorial. I have to see I kinda like Ashe, its a interesting champion.

I am trying to get as effective as possible regarding last hits on those little mobs on the lanes.
But, besides that I have trouble deciding what build I should work on while playing the game.
So I looked up some builds on the forums, but they are all different. I still dont really know
what I should aim for. Also, I am completely new to this game, so I also dont have much runes either, atm I found it usefull to try and stack some crit chance runes and mana regen glypses, because I noticed Ashe drains alot of mana.

I am looking for a group (maybe also new players?) to play with, as I notice with solo 5vs5 I get alot of people that disconnect and/or leave, resulting in losing often. Also, it would be nice to play and get tips and advices how to play the game from a more experienced player. So when i reach L30 I am more or less prepared to do some ranked games ^.^

p.s. are there any interesting IRC channels to follow?
feel free to add me ingame ^_^

midnight illusio

01-02-2011

Hey Zephirisz, welcome to LoL

Your best bet is to either join a guild, or to sign up to the adopt a noob program, where you'll be given a mentor who will be able to help you along the way and you'll also meet other similar skilled players as well. You can sign up in the post below:

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=91194

As to actual game-play. at your level you shouldn't be worrying about runes at all, simply because the only runes you have access to at level 5 are almost useless and a waste of money to buy. Wait until level 30 when you can get the best runes possible. For now, spend your IP on champions (make sure you try them first in the free rotation) so that once you reach level 30, you'll be able to play more than just 1 champion.

Zephirisz

01-03-2011

Thank you for the advice. I will try out multiple champions.
I personally took a interest into Kennen and Anivia aswell.
Though for now I want to try and control Ashe better

also ill take a look at the "adopt a noob" program, funny but good iniative ^_^
As for guilds, is there a particular IRC channel LoL gamers use?
either for premades, or "wars" / "practice matches" to play?

The Sexecutioner

01-03-2011

Heya Zeph, I'm going to add you in game because I'm always looking for people to play with and have fun with. Though fair warning I'm level 12 though it's not really a huge difference.

Zephirisz

01-03-2011

I noticed, just accepted your friendship. Looking forward playing some games with you

SDMarukokun

01-04-2011

I'd say: don't take the advice given above on runes.
tier1 runes are quite effective for their price: they only cost about 8% of tier3 runes, but provide
about 55% of the effect of tier3 runes. If you buy tier1 runes upto level 19 (don't buy tier2),
that will only cost you about 800-900 IP for 19 runes, which is less than all but the cheapest
champions/just 4 "first win of the day"s...

Zephirisz

01-04-2011

Thank you SDMarukokun,

I see your point and will take a note of it. Getting the IP is not the problem afterall.
And I have plenty of time to unlock all the stuff anyway.

Harrison Davis

Banned

01-05-2011

Hi Zephirisz I am Harrison Davis. I will add you to my list. I am a level 30 guildplayer.

rokaskillerLOL

02-10-2015

Hey, Add me EUW rokaskillerLOL