Removing Madred's? Uh, why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shupchina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-11-2012

Madred's Bloodrazor

Stats +25 armor
+40 attack damage
+40% attack speed

Passive Unique: Your basic attacks deal bonus Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum health (maximum 120 versus monsters).

Blade of the Ruined King

Stats +40 attack damage
+10% life steal

Passive Unique: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heal you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).

Active Unique: Drains target champion, dealing 150 physical damage + 50% of your AD and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds (1min cooldown).

So, according to our beloved Riot, the latter item is the best alternative for Madred's. It's way better. I mean, just look at it.

Its AS beats that of Madred's (because 0% AS > 40% AS). Not to mention some extra armor. I mean, armor is for the weak. Who needs armor these days anyway? And, the most important thing... We are being told that our beloved Blade is an anti-high health champions counter, such as tanks. Since when? Since when does one deal more damage based on his/hers target's 4% of CURRENT health, rather than MAXIMUM, at all times? Maximum keeps that damage there, it doesn't drop..... How are we supposed to fight mega tanks like Singed, Mundo, Volibear (even Vladimir, even though he's not a tank!) and such from now on, if we don't go crit AD? Besides, that extra AS Madred's gave only added more to its damage, allowing you to use its passive many times, and that actually gave you a chance to do something to the aforementioned type of champions.

No offense to the people who work at Riot, I'm just frustrated by this change. So what if the "pros" didn't use it a lot? There were some of us who did, and we ask of you not to remove it. Damn, it was a core build for my WW... Non-crit Kog'maws loved it too.. It worked on Teemo. Lee Sin. Nocturne. To name a few champs I used it on a lot of times, whom I had also won a great many of games with... Don't remove it, remove the blade instead. It's far weaker than Madred's.

And no, I don't focus tanks... But when there are a lot of tanky champs on 3v3, what other options do you have? You can't go crit on everybody to kill tanky champs....

Heimer Teemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-11-2012

That's a TT item isn't it? It's amde so people won't instalock 3 bruisers now, because people can build such items.

TwillightSparkle

15-11-2012

don' forget on-hit jungle or top lulu, RIP my fae friend ; ;

Shupchina

15-11-2012

It's being removed from the game (Madred's), including 5v5. Just saying, I do play 3v3 a lot more than 5v5, but... They can at least keep it on 5v5.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2780671

BurntFaceMan

15-11-2012

I agree about the attack speed, shame to miss that. Armour, not so much. Regarding the change to how the 4% is calculated, that'd be to balance the lifesteal added component, which otherwise would produce the kind of gameplay Riot dont want at the moment, sustain. Or didnt, last I checked, when they nerfed lifesteal across the board. I quite like that little active they've put on, it'll be interesting to see that deployed in hairy situations.

One point that concerns me as well though, is the price. Madreds was always quite expensive, how does Blade stack up against that?

Ps - Nice to see a thought-out post for once ;]

Shupchina

15-11-2012

What damage is that? Okay so, the active deals 150 AD + 50% of your total AD, and let's say that's about 300 or so, late game (talking about 3v3 here xD). That's 300 damage. Now, enemies will have at least some armor. So that will go down a bit. And so will the heal. What's 300 (or less damage)? Not much... Madred's would do much more damage on the long run... That's why it's better, as for lifesteal, well, just buy a BT or Sanguine and there you go. And I for one liked the extra armor, it added a bit of tankiness to your champ. But that's probably just me...

IS12cb66ecc3ffe8

15-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntFaceMan View Post
I agree about the attack speed, shame to miss that. Armour, not so much. Regarding the change to how the 4% is calculated, that'd be to balance the lifesteal added component, which otherwise would produce the kind of gameplay Riot dont want at the moment, sustain. Or didnt, last I checked, when they nerfed lifesteal across the board. I quite like that little active they've put on, it'll be interesting to see that deployed in hairy situations.

One point that concerns me as well though, is the price. Madreds was always quite expensive, how does Blade stack up against that?

Ps - Nice to see a thought-out post for once ;]
Blade is much cheaper. 2825g cost on blade (1825 from cutlass +1000 recipe) vs 3800g cost on madreds (1000 from razor+ 975 pickaxe+1050 recurve + 775 recipe).

Shupchina

15-11-2012

It may be cheaper, sure. But it's weaker, way weaker. And I didn't really have that much of problems putting Madred's together...

CrossShade

15-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupchina View Post
What damage is that? Okay so, the active deals 150 AD + 50% of your total AD, and let's say that's about 300 or so, late game (talking about 3v3 here xD). That's 300 damage. Now, enemies will have at least some armor. So that will go down a bit. And so will the heal. What's 300 (or less damage)? Not much... Madred's would do much more damage on the long run... That's why it's better, as for lifesteal, well, just buy a BT or Sanguine and there you go. And I for one liked the extra armor, it added a bit of tankiness to your champ. But that's probably just me...
Madreds bloodrazor.

Let's do some theory crafting.

4% of Maximum hp per hit.

4% of 2k = around 80.

Average resists of characters lategame is around 100-300.

That means anyone running those resists is cutting your damage to 40 or under seeing as you're dealing MAGIC DAMAGE with no MAGIC PEN.

Yes, definitely more than the new item.

Learn 2 do maths please before making statements.

Also has a movespeed vamp on it, something that will be valuable for ADC's after the Phantom Dancer nerf.

BurntFaceMan

15-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by herutodf View Post
Blade is much cheaper. 2825g cost on blade (1825 from cutlass +1000 recipe) vs 3800g cost on madreds (1000 from razor+ 975 pickaxe+1050 recurve + 775 recipe).
There's your answer then I suppose OP. Cheaper item, lower reworked stats, item role changed. Mind you, please bear in mind I play 5v5