Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blinking LOL Logo launcher error - Fixed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vLemon

QA Analyst

11-14-2012

We just put in a fix about the error where you would double click on the launcher and would see the logo blinking, but the patcher wouldn't pop up.

Let us know if you still experience it!

Slixxerx

Recruiter

11-15-2012

I seem to experience this problem when I try to log in to the PBE, how can I amend this?

I start the Launcher and the logo just keeps flashing. Note that this is the first time I try to log in to the beta realm after I signed up for it, I don't know if this has anything to do with me havig a fresh unupdated version of the PBE client.

Xebitu

11-16-2012

Redownloaded client doesn't open at all. Please fix it.

ExTeaSea

11-16-2012

not working for me

Blowfeld

11-16-2012

Nope, problem still exists...but it has only been 2 weeks now....

w4rr1or

11-16-2012

still bugging

hacXL

11-16-2012

Still exists.

WarGod2123

11-16-2012

not sure if it's the same bug, but whenever i try and open the PBE I get the League of Legends splash that pops up, but then it just stops working, when I click on it I get a message saying the PvP patcher has stopped working and it closes, tried numerous times, deleted the lol_launcher in the RADS folder, restarded my computer and tried again, and considering the time it took to download im very reluctant to try re-downloading since it has been met with seemingly no success.

Calikka

11-21-2012

This bug is definetly not fixed yet. I had this same problem last weekend and today I downloaded again PBE files from Riot servers and the problem of blinking logo is still there.

I even copied my normal server league of legends folder and changed file settings in system.cfg in League of Legends\RADS\system -folder.

I changed it from:
DownloadPath = /releases/live
DownloadURL = l3cdn.riotgames.com
Region = EUW

to
DownloadPath = /releases/pbe
DownloadURL = l3cdn.riotgames.com
Region = PBE

and got the same blinking logo problem that I hadn't had before so I think the problem must be with your PBE download server.

Heel1

11-21-2012

same thing...
but if you run the lol.launcher.exe as administrator it works...