Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[LoLStudio2] New offline software for your LoL needs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhaban

11-12-2012

Hello fellow summoners

I'd like to humbly present to you my software I have written that should address your each and every
need regarding League of Legends information and data management. It is completely stand alone and
allows you without an installation to browse all champions, items, record statistics and build your
own item sets that show up in the game. It has been in development for quite some time and since I
play on EUW you might not even be aware, that it exists. Well, now you do and I hope you enjoy my work.

Go to lolstudio.gamereference.org (http://lolstudio.gamereference.org) to for more information and screenshots.

LOLSTUDIO2
==========
LoLStudio is not only an offline League of Legends data manger. It helps you live a better life,
get plenty of women and survive the Zombie apocalypse. It's free and runs without an installation.

What is LoLStudio?
With this software you can browse League of Legends champions and items offline. It allows you to
easily filter, sort and categorize all the relevant information. LoLStudio also allows you to create
item builds for all your favorite champions and they will even show up in the game itself.

How does it work?
All the data is fully automatically downloaded, verified and applied. Every piece of information
is kept in an easy to understand and easy to modify data folder. Everyone can add, remove and update
all the information with a simple text editor and share it with the community. You don't need to
have League of Legends installed for LoLStudio to work.

Why is it free?
I wrote this software for myself in my spare time. Actually I wanted to get more comfortable with
Visual C# and what better way to achieve this is there but to create something fun, useful and exiting.
The result was much better than I anticipated so I decided to share it with the internet.

Is it legal?
Sure it is. All the information and pictures are originally collected from the official site. The method
to get the items sets to appear in the game was implemented by Riot themselves. I simply use what they
have given me.

Your English sucks
Fair enough. Let's see how good your French, German and Italian is. English not my first language.

HISTORY
========
Can be found on the download page (http://lolstudio.gamereference.org/?page_id=7).

Best Kennen Eu

11-12-2012

Hey,
I used your application in a previous installation of my windows.
Thanks for making it free. It's really useful and handy!
~Stellc

Rikudô Sënnin

Recruiter

11-12-2012

Gtz for your project i will test it tonight. Now we'll can do our pre-builds.

Rhaban

11-12-2012

Hello there. I'm open for suggestions on how to improve it. As of now, it kind of does what it should, so my priority is bugfixing but new features can be added easily if they are not to complicated. For example I will probably add the feature to choose the size of the pictures in the champion and item selection box. Different people might have different needs.

eXlst

11-12-2012

You'll have to update it in a few days/weeks, when all items are reworked.

Rhaban

11-12-2012

Nope, it will update itself as long as Riot doesn't change the way their website works. There is a "force update" options built in to redownload existing items and champions. Hell, simply choose a new fresh and empty data folder and it will update everything. That may take while depending on your internet connection though. My goal with LoLStuido was to ensure nobody needs to depend on my lazy ass. ;-)

ch0pst1ck

11-12-2012

Any plan on open-sourcing (some of the) code? Might be easy to create a Mac version with Mono that way.

Rhaban

11-12-2012

@ch0pst1ck
Oh absolutely. I will make this open source. However, I first want to get it into shape a bit more. You know, going open source is like taking off your clothes in public. Not very nice if you have stuffed yourself with burgers and coke the whole year. The legal coke... not the other one.

Ediwir

Recruiter

11-12-2012

looks neat. any plans to add a Linux/OSX version (or allowing someone to develop these versions independently)?

Rhaban

11-12-2012

I have looked into Mono porting. Yeah, possible but most likely ugly. This is a very GUI driven software. The code behind it will run but I might not be pretty. That's like getting Roseanne and Oprah on stage of a Victorias Secret presentation. They can stand there and strut the catwalk but you might not like what you see.