Blue Side > Purple Side

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustThatJordo

06-11-2012

I think i've finally had enough of the advantage blue side get... Something needs to be changed in the upcoming patch imo.

1. Top Lane Blue Side always pushes no matter where the blue side top laner is at.
2. Bot Lane Blue Side has better placement for buffs/double golems, ADC Easy red buff and easy double golems.
3. Blue Side has better vision of the map overall.

I play with a locked screen...(Kinda nooby i know) but thats just how it is and im pretty sure im not the only one. I am unable to even play the ADC/Support role because i am limited with so much vision that if im pushed to my turret i can get poked without seeing where it's coming from.

Maybe it would work if we could zoom out a little more? Or the tools to be able to Rotate the map to your liking? Doubly-symmetrical map?

What does everyone else think of this?

Doomed Potato

06-11-2012

i suppose you're right with the double golem part, i havent really investigated with any of these things but i suppose its a slight advantage, and as for the locked screen vision area, are you sure you dont need a different screen? cause depending on your resolution, the more you see, they dont make anything bigger unless you zoom in with your mouse wheel, as far as i know.

About 74 Ninjas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Didn't blue side on WC had lower win rate than red side?

JustThatJordo

06-11-2012

im playing on a Laptop (19inch) 1600x1200 i think the resolution is?

Qslot

06-11-2012

You don't have to play adc/supp at bottom in purple side you can play on top lane to get those golems at purple side.
I am glad the map has some diversity and if i'm not mistaken even in the tutorial they encourage for free camera mode.
I feel this is your personal problem.

Edit: sorry if "You don't have to play adc/supp at bottom in purple side you can play on top lane to get those golems at purple side." sounded confusing..
What i meant by that is switch your adc/supp to toplane to get the benefits.

Sgt Scrub

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmesalli View Post
You don't have to play adc/supp at bottom in purple side you can play on top lane to get those golems at purple side.
I am glad the map has some diversity and if i'm not mistaken even in the tutorial they encourage for free camera mode.
No.

as top lane it's much worse to take your golems unless the point of compare is a really crappy support who can't leash the Golems properly (this used to be me and I didn't see the benefit to taking Golems until some showed me how to pull properly).
In bot lane you have the support to pull them and they increased their strength some time ago.
Without smite you will likely take a lot of damage before you can take them.
Wolves can't be taken by bot lane since most of the time they tend to be the first stop for the jungler and even when this is not the case they don't have the same structure as golems.
If you fight for Golems then you are most likely a target for a countergank unless you have really strong level 1. Especially bad if the enemy team is invading your blue on purple team and your AD carry and support are far from the jungler and from their tower.

Likewise it's much too easy to gank top lane purple team comparitively, resulting in easy snowballs from blue team due to either farm or ganks due to the massive insecurity.
In bot lane blue team can ward against this.
On the other hand you are risking a lot by buying a ward instead of 2 HP pots in top lane for the safety that you would otherwise get for free on blue team from level 1 to about level 9 (When people start diving from behind the tower, which you can just as easily do on purple team with less risk to yourself, since you can enter from tri instead of from blue buff).

In bot lane you can't see the lane brush from your tower.

In blue team the blue can be given to top lane with a manaless jungler and mid and red can be given to bot lane.
If you're playing Yorick or GP top, you know how massive this boon is if your mid and jungle don't want or need the buff since it allows you to win lane much easier.
By comparison the only easy access you have to blue on the purple team is to steal it or kill a laner or jungler who has it.
2 difficult ventures.

Summoners rift needs a 45 shift and an alt map that is truely symmetrical.
There is diversity and stimulating the metagame and then there is lazy balance.
I'm sick of people going "Just use free cam", it's like running a marathon on 1 leg (generic comparison, don't read into it, there are certainly those who do this quite succesfully or even amazingly well[prosthetics etc](see also: Terry Fox)) against someone with both legs intact and being told to just use a pair of rusty crutches, because it's "basically the same".
Especially since the game has such a bad free cam.
Bloodline champions has a better "free cam" in my opinion and so do many other games since the camera seems out of your control in this game unless it's locked.

JustThatJordo

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmesalli View Post
Did i say it wasn't my problem? Stop been one of those moralfags that try to outsmart everyone to get upvotes.

Blue team does have advantages over the Purple team. Not major but they are still there. As for the camera problem you clearly don't understand if your using an unlocked screen, i love ad carrying on blue side but its just impossible on purple team

An Elder Lizard

06-11-2012

Ya, last hitting from purple side at bot lane is just not right for some reason..

Grizzfang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

i prefer purple team, especially when jungling

Emerging Light

06-11-2012

So... fight for the golems?