List of Top 5 lategame champs for each lane.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajneen

31-10-2012

Yeah I'm bored atm and made a pretty pointless thread but hey it might be helpfull for someone who is looking for a beast lategame carry. Remember it is my opinion but your welcome to suggest and explain who you think is better and why. Also I dont really know where to put Poppy on the list since most people dont think she fits in the current Meta so I just skipped her. Also I'm not really a good support player so I might have to do that list later since I dont really know what all the supports do.

Midlane: What I see as a good lategame for this role is champs with either high damage for tankyness or high sustained damage.

1. Veigar: Truly a great champ who I think is very underestimated because of lack of reliable AOE and not the best sustained damage. But having an incredible burst with his ult and great utility with his stun along with his Q for some nice sustained damage I think he deserve the #1. And lets not forget the 1 AP per Q lasthit either, only thing I see him not played alot for is cause of a weak laning phase.

2. Ryze: I have played this champ alot and consider myself a fairly good Ryze player and the reason I put him at #2 is the high sustained damage he gets for building tanky. The fact that he is one of few mids that can solo Baron with without stacking Bloodthirsters just proves how powerfull he is.

3. Vladimir: We all know this champ has always been a top pick for lategame and I put him at #3 for the following reasons. First of his passive, getting HP for building AP makes him harder to focus down compared to a normal AP Carry. Pair that with a spell that makes him untargetable for 2 seconds and 2 low CD spells that works amazing with spellvamp makes it even harder to kill him. Third reason is that he got very nice AOE damage and brings alot to a teamfight.

4. Kassadin: I know some of you might not agree on this one since Kass has gotten very underestimated lately but as an experienced Kass player I can approve. So why is he at #4? Well 2 main reasons, the combination of both burst and sustained damage. Tho most people think he only got 2 main damage skills they tend to forget that his ult deals amazing damage with a few stacks in lategame, AOE aswell. Pair him with an Amumu for example and get a few stacks up, Force Pulse and jump in and all of them will be most likely be close to or under half health with 2 spells only. Also your Force Pulse got a pretty low CD at lategame (around 3-4 depending on build) and can be spammed in teamfights over and over dealing great AOE damage.

5. Evelynn: Although Eve and her main item DFG got nerfed last patch she is still a great threat with full build. I put her at #5 for the same reason as Kassadin, combination of both high burst and good sustained damage. Doing the DFG+Ult combo along with an E and a Q will in 8/10 cases instakill their AP or AD Carry. Altough she is in short range when dealing damage her shield from the ult helps you alot to survive. After she does the burst combo she can keep spamming her Q until her E is back on anyone whos still alive. I put her under Kass cause he can do the same thing but at a bit safer range.

AD Carry: Since pretty much all AD Carries are supposed to do the same thing its alot easier to know whos the best for lategame. So what makes them great lategame? Having steroids that make their autoattacks even more powerfull.

1. Kog'Maw: Everyone knows he is godly in lategame, the only thing that he lacks is a escape move which is why positioning is extra important on this champ. So then just jump on him and his out of the fight you might say? No, thats not going to happen since the teams are mostly built around protecting Kog when his picked. Having a permanent AS steroid that reduces Armor and Mres on active is one of the reasons his so good. But the second and most important reason is his W, gaining 200 range and dealing 6% of the tagets max health each hit is insane and is why I consider him the #1 lategame.

2. Vayne: Often debated to be the best lategame over Kog, but imo she is slightly under him because of her lower range. The reason she is #2 is cause of her 3 autoattack steroids. Her roll gives you extra damage next hit and makes it alot easier to keep in position. Main reason she is considered to be one of the best lategame is her W, dealing 8% of the targets max health every third shot with True damage hits hard as hell. To top it of she gains even more AD with her ult and gains stealth every time she use Q to make her even better at positioning.

3. Tristana: Slightly under Kog and Vaynes level but still very dangerous to face in lategame. Their is 2 reasons why she is at #3 both of them are just as important. First she gets around 700 range at level 18 slightly over Kogs range and she got it permanently, with her long range jump I consider her the best AD Carry to keep in safe position. Second reason is her Q, 90% extra attackspeed for 7 seconds. Without a gapcloser you are most likely dead if you try to run up to Trist while this is active.

4. Draven: Highest DPS of all but with no contest the highest skillcap of all. Only ranged AD carry along with Sivir (tho her W is only 1 hit and is kinda low damage) to have both a AD steroid (Q) and AS steroid (W) which is what makes him a winner in lategame (I dont count Twitch as a champion after the rework). The best Draven player in the world would probably put this champ at #1 cause no one can outdamage him if he always catch his 2 axes and use W between each catch. Sadly the skill you need to do this without getting caught is ridicoulisly high and is placed at #4 all cause of his skillcap.

5. Graves: Beast early, beast mid, beast late. I consider this champ the safest AD Carry to play cause he fits in every comp and is good at all stages of the game. So why is he #5? First of his passive, 30 armor and mres is great. Combine that with a Taric and Aegis and his almost a ranged Bruiser. Second and the main reason his at this list is his E, a dash that grants him 70% atkspeed for 4 seconds. You might think 4 seconds? thats not very long. Indeed its not very long but this great skill gets 1 second less CD each time you do a autoattack. So when youre in a fight and use it you will have it back alsmot immediatly after you used it.

Toplane: Used to be the #1 lategame class before the Atmogs nerf, currently the second best after AD Carries imo. What makes a toplaner great in lategame is combination of tankyness, damage and CC.

1. Nasus: Hands down the best champion that deals damage while being tanky. Not played cause he is very easy to shut down in laning phase and is extremely farm dependant. I personally consider this the best lategame champ in the game and the reason he is #1 is cause his Q. Deals more damage next hit and gains 3 extra damage for next time each time you lasthit with it. Pretty much explains itself why you you need to farm alot for him to become godlike. Second is his W. starts at 35 and ends at 95% AS and MS slow over 5 seconds. Without a QSS or Cleanse this will completely take out the AD Carry in fights for the duration and on top of it it has a pretty low CD. Only counter for him in lategame is to kite him which is pretty much impossible if he use W on you and you cant remove it.

2. Jax: Second best at dealing damage while being tanky but unlike Nasus is way harder to beat in lane and is not dependant on farming a Spell. Reason his #2 is cause he got pretty much everything. A low CD gapcloser, short range AOE stun that dodges every autoattack for 2 seconds while taking 25% less damage from AOE spells, great damage and a Armor and Mres steroid that gets stronger the more damage you buy.

3. Irelia: Pretty much the same reasons as Jax, Very nice damage when being tanky including True damage on each hit, 8 second CD slow/stun, low CD gapcloser and one of the best passives in the game which is CC reduction up to 40% (And she can get even more reduction with Mercs) She is hard to keep of the AD Carry due to not being as vurnable to CC as other toplaners which is why she is at #3.

4. Olaf: Really ecxels at dealing damage while being tanky thanks to his W which gives him more AD the more health and he gets 25% extra lifesteal and spellvamp which keeps you sustained even better. Having a 5 second CD nuke that deals 340 true damage makes Olaf a great counter for tanks who are hard to kill due to high armor and mres. But the best part of him and the reason his #4 is his ult that makes it impossible for the enemy team to keep you of the AD Carry since he becomes invurnable to CC for 6 seconds while also giving you extra armor and mres to make it hard for them to take you down.

5. I had to think about who deserved to be the #5 since there are many toplaners that do different things good in lategame but I had to give this spot to Wukong.
The reason I put him here is cause he got the best ult for teamfights out of all toplaners. A spin to win AOE high damage dealing knockup is just the kind of spell you want to have in a teamfight. But if you think Wukong is just a walking ulti youre sadly missled. 48 free armor and mres in teamfights just from his passive makes it possible for him to spare a tank item and get a damage item if you want to. His Q can crit alot in lategame and also reducing the armor of the enemy making it easier for your AD Carry to take them down. To top it of he got a high range capcloser that gives him 50% extra AS for 4 seconds to increase his DPS even further.

Jungler: Pretty much the same reason that makes toplaners good except that CC is a bit more important for junglers than damage in the current Meta.

1. Amumu: Is hard to kill and got 2 stuns, 1 of them is high range AOE. This is just the type of champ that can win lategame all by pressing R at the right moment. He may lack the damage but hey, in lategame you can leave that to the rest of your team. In the current Meta I think he is in a class of his own for winning lategame and thats why his #1.

2. Skarner: A fullbuild Skarner means trouble. He got nice damage while building tank and a speed boost that can get him in range of your team to use his ult on your AD Carry or midlaner. Most times a Skarner ult means a kill and the fact that he can drag them to his own team makes it even harder to prevent a kill when he ults. Despite lacking a gapcloser his W paired with Shurelias makes it hard to outrun him. So the mix between hard CC and damage and tankyness makes him worthy the #2

3. Fiddlesticks: This champ is just simply incredible for teamfights. He got the highest damage dealing ult in the game the best part is that it is high range AOE. While Fiddle stands out abit from the different junglers his still great at what he does and get amazing damage when fullbuild. A 3 second fear, AOE silence, huge single target damage ability (Drain ofcourse) and his ult gives him a worthy spot at #3. With the right teamcomp and position Ult+Zhonias can win almost everything in lategame.

4. Mundo: Mundo is the this list for the same reason as Skarner, getting nice damage while building tanky except that Mundo lacks the hard CC. But instead of having hard CC he can tank damage better than most champions in this game. If Mundo doesnt get ignited while he ults his pretty much unkillable for the whole duration and is why he is placed at #4.

5. Nocturne: Sadly this champ is no longer what he used to be since he got nerf after nerf. Once in a time he was a tanky flying thing who could dish out huge damage cause of his lack of a good CC. But after the Atmogs nerf things have changed and his builded without any crit items at all which makes him lack the damage his supposed to deal. Luckily Nocturnes Q and W grants him better steroids than almost every AD Carry so even without crit he can deal atleast some damage. Hopefully season 3 will bring some better items for Noc and he might go back to his former self. If Atmogs wasnt nerfed I'd but Noc over Fiddle at #3 but at the current state his in he gets to be the #5.

Honorable mentions:

Mid: Karthus, Mordekaiser, Casseopeia.

AD Carry: Ashe.

Top: Warwick, Darius, Gangplank.

Jungle: Nautilus, Shyvana.

Dont close this btw took long as hell to type.

Zhellix

31-10-2012

No Anivia in mid?

PyoS Hero

31-10-2012

Mordekaiser > Evelynn in my opinion.
His ult + dfg combo deals more dmg and he even gets an enemy champ that servs him granting aditional ad / ap + walking op ghost.

shaunika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-10-2012

top: irelia, jax, singed, vladimir, kayle
mid: karthus, ryze, anivia, orianna, vladimir
AD: vayne, trist, kogmaw, ashe, sivir
sup: sona, blitz, leona, alistar, nunu
jungle: skarner, maokai, chogath, mundo

Zhellix

31-10-2012

Top: Nasus, Jax, Singed, Vladimir, Olaf
Mid: Karthus, Anivia, Veigar, Ryze, Orianna
AD: Tristana, Vayne, Kog'Maw, Ashe, Sivir
Support: Blitzcrank, Alistar, Leona, Sona, Janna
Jungle: Amumu, Nautilus, Mundo, Maokai, Skarner

These are in order from Best --> Worst in my opinion by the way.

Ilearnedtoplay

31-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhellix View Post
Top: Nasus, Jax, Singed, Vladimir, Olaf
Mid: Karthus, Anivia, Veigar, Ryze, Orianna
AD: Tristana, Vayne, Kog'Maw, Ashe, Sivir
Support: Blitzcrank, Alistar, Leona, Sona, Janna
Jungle: Amumu, Nautilus, Mundo, Maokai, Skarner

These are in order from Best --> Worst in my opinion by the way.
Sorry dude but olaf is not that good lategame than an irelia, irelia is the most scariest thing lategame.

nepoz0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-10-2012

Top: Jax, Irelia, Darius, Olaf, Malphite
Mid: Karthus, Anivia, Ryze, Morgana, Orianna
AD: Vayne, KogMaw, Tristana, Graves, Ashe
Support: Taric, Blitzcrank, Leona, Sona, Alistar
Jungler: Amumu, Skarner, Maokai, Mundo, Hecarim

Not sure about the order! Dont have so much time to think about it and fix it properly..

ShakeNBake EUW

31-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilearnedtoplay View Post
Sorry dude but olaf is not that good lategame than an irelia, irelia is the most scariest thing lategame.
u must be building him wrong then, cos i **** my pants when i see a tank olaf with mallet.

Vasko0

31-10-2012

I think that my main mid ap carry is also very underrated, I am talking about Swain. I think that he has very good early and mid game stages because of his high sustain ability. Late game he is also very reliable because if you follow my build you will end up with 100 armor 120 ms 3.4k hp and around 500+ ability power. The damage is not bursting, however its high throughout the game. I know that there are several counter champs such as evelyn and maybe Cassiopeia that can **** up his game but I think that Swain is an ultimate carry...

shaunika

31-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeNBakeUK2 View Post
u must be building him wrong then, cos i **** my pants when i see a tank olaf with mallet.
olaf has fine lategame, but irelia is better.