Tips from pro TF player thx.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajneen

28-10-2012

Still not that good on this champ so need some tips what to buy first etc.

MastruBait

28-10-2012

I use movement quints, ap/lvl blues and yellows, magic pen reds. 21/9/0 masteries.
Usually buy boots/3pots, 1 dorans, sheen, movement boots and then straight to dcap, sometimes i get DFG aswell, depends what enemy champs are.
Should at least try these masteries/runes if you don't already use it.

Tanuel Mategi

28-10-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GMXhljxFxk
my build: boots+3 pots
1st back: buy blasting wand or needlesly large rod (depends on farm), so you can instantfarm your lane with red-card and Wild Cards.
you want to rush either Deathcap or Lich Bane (i prefer deathcap for more damage, lichbane is for more movementspeed to stun)
endbuild could be something like this:
deathcap, lich bane, deathfire grasp, void staff and a def item like banshee or GA.

Gameplay: on lane, you want to focus on farming and harassing with your Wild Cards. Always use your blue card when ready to get mana! Wait for jungler ganks, with your stun you can easily get out a kill when you are level 4 or higher.
as soon as you hit level 6 or 7, you want to gank top or bot. everytime your ultimate is up, you need to gank. go sure your "stacked deck" is ready (you see the icon in the buff tray) when you gank, so you have additional burst on your hit. prepare a yellow card, then port on the lane (works great if you have cc on those lanes)
TF lacks burst end game, but has a great utility with his ultimate and his 3 seconds cd stun.
his Q spell scales off 0.65 per ap with a good basedamage, W and E scale 0.4 and have a rather low basedamage.
bursting on enemy champions: prepare stacked deck, use DFG on enemy, then your yellow card, then wild cards. you will nuke most of the ad and ap carries in late game (not sure about this after dfg nerf tho.)

Haters gonna hate!

edit: masteries: 21/9/0
runes: mpen, flat ap and ap/lvl
hatters gonna hatt!

Calinder

28-10-2012

21/0/9, with 4/4 in movement speed, fck mana regen we got blue card baby.
Reds: Magic pen.
Yellows: HP per lvl./AP per lvl./Flat armor. Totally depending what you're up against.
Blues: AP per lvl./Flat magic resist.
Quints: Flat AP. Fck movement speed quints, we got masteries, lichbane and going mobility boots mothafackas.

Start: Boots+3pots
Early: 1-2 Doran's Ring, Mobility boots, sheen. If you fall behind in your lane and can't lane against it without getting killed, or are against that fcking annoying fizz, buy chalice and farm with wild cards from max range while spamming laugh.
Mid: Work towards Rabaton or rush lichbane if their team sucks and has no gap closing/poor initiation and you know you can kite their asses for ever.
Mid-Late: Finish Lichbane. Your core is done (lichbane+rabaton) Now build depending on your needs. Hourclass is always useful and gives more mothafackin AP for your lichbane. Banshee stops those fcking annoying assassians/bursters from instagibing you. Voidstaff if they know you're the boss and enemy is stacking MR in fear of you. Warmogs. Yes the mothafcking warmogs makes you god. GA is OP buy it too.

Gameplay you have to learn by playing. Enjoy my patented diamond tf guide, hue.

Perifear

28-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinder View Post
21/0/9, with 4/4 in movement speed, fck mana regen we got blue card baby.
Reds: Magic pen.
Yellows: HP per lvl./AP per lvl./Flat armor. Totally depending what you're up against.
Blues: AP per lvl./Flat magic resist.
Quints: Flat AP. Fck movement speed quints, we got masteries, lichbane and going mobility boots mothafackas.

Start: Boots+3pots
Early: 1-2 Doran's Ring, Mobility boots, sheen. If you fall behind in your lane and can't lane against it without getting killed, or are against that fcking annoying fizz, buy chalice and farm with wild cards from max range while spamming laugh.
Mid: Work towards Rabaton or rush lichbane if their team sucks and has no gap closing/poor initiation and you know you can kite their asses for ever.
Mid-Late: Finish Lichbane. Your core is done (lichbane+rabaton) Now build depending on your needs. Hourclass is always useful and gives more mothafackin AP for your lichbane. Banshee stops those fcking annoying assassians/bursters from instagibing you. Voidstaff if they know you're the boss and enemy is stacking MR in fear of you. Warmogs. Yes the mothafcking warmogs makes you god. GA is OP buy it too.

Gameplay you have to learn by playing. Enjoy my patented diamond tf guide, hue.
^
This is all you need, even coming from a diamond player.

Note that you have a bit more flexibility with your build though, I like to skip on 2 dorans, and sometimes buy one with an early kage's lucky pick, aswell as I don't get mobilities but Sorc shoes, this is completely fine if you manage to mind your positioning, wich is key with characters who barely have an escape.

From her I rush D cap, followed by anything I need: Zyhonas, lichbane, voidstaff, GA.

Rushing lichbane is an option but it just really depends on the situation, TF doesn't nessecarily need it as his bread and butter item, that'll either be Lichbane or a rushed cap, you should check out what suits you best :)

Speedball

28-10-2012

I'd say drop DFG now after the nerf.
But everything here is good advice,

The ms quits are good because TF is very vulnerable to ganks, but he has huge range with is wild cards, and nearly endless mana pool with pick a card. TF is not the strongest champion in any way, what makes TF great is his map presence. You clear a wave with Q, W combo and then when your minions are pushing you teleport to a lane for ganks. Much like Diana and Eve does, but you are there instantly, and try to time you ganks so you have Stacked Card on the first attack so you can get two in to insure the kills.

I like to end up having a Zonya's at end game cause you're very vulnerable to focus and Zonya's allows you to do double combo with little risk.

Also TF has great poke when trying to force a tower.

So i usually do boots+3pots, then 2xDorans+boots upgrade, Sheen, DC and then finish Lich Bane. then goto Zonyas. I always use Mr runes on blue/yellow, i haven't used ms quints this far, but maybe i should start doing that. Flat AP quints are useless 10min into the game, some use ad quints to better last hit early on.

** Don't expect to start owning with TF straight away, he needs many games to get the hang of. He is very strong, but if you go aggressive at the wrong time, you'll surely get swatted like a fly. Give it 30-50 games in normals to allow yourself the experience with different champions ect. before going to ranked.

TF's greatest enemies are champions with gap closer, Akali, Diana, Kass and Talon ect. He does faily well against most others, and Shaco in the jungle is your biggest nightmare.