Kayle: AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MightyDrKiller

26-10-2012

So, I'm starting to really like this champion. Unfortunately I only have a couple of weeks of experience under my belt and there are many things that I am yet to understand about the mechanics of the game.

In my attempts to find a good Kayle build, I've found a few guides on mobafire.com. At first I tried an AD build guide, for a while I thought she was decent. That was until one day another Kayle was in the opposing team and she had an AP build that just shredded anything.

So I tried the AP Build and boy, it was fantastic. I found some guides about it and I followed them and I seem to be doing pretty well if I can get past the bad early game. Yesterday however one of my teammates, a level 30 with 700+ wins criticized my build heavily, and said it was one year old and not efficient at all. I tried to counter argue and say I've tried an AD build but he threw some pro names in my face (Someone with a name similar to Darius, I forgot.). Said they know better.

So my question is, which one is more viable? An AP carry Kayle or AD carry Kayle?

Thank you.

Cletop

26-10-2012

Im not expert on kayle but from my point of view if you wanna a pure carry you should go AD.

However if you wanta more diversified kayle, like a suport or mid for SR, you migth prefer to build AP or at least not totaly AD.

1 thing to keep in mind, kayle sinergise extremely well with CDR so you will probably want to max it with any build you chose.

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion and i migh be wrong.

De1Phoenix

26-10-2012

I play Kayle very frequently and I build her both Ap and Ad (hybrid).
I buy items like: berzerker greaves for added speed. Guinsho's rageblade for both ap and ad, Trinity Force because of the ad, ap, slow, built-in sheen and attack speed. And later on also Hextech gunblade. The items afterwards depend on how the enemy is building (more survivability or damage).

Also, the sheen is useful to build early game, because after you use your slow and hit them with your ranged basic attack, you will hit hard.

So basically, it is neither ap nor ad carry. I build both.
This, however, is how I like to play Kayle, others might have a different opinion about this, but this is how I get my legendaries in some games.