Honor system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorthan

20-10-2012

Hello,

Was wondering how the honor system works? I've seen some people with just over 20 points, who has the ribbon. I have 12-10-44-19 and still I haven't receieved anything.

So, is it a different point mark for different honor? Like 20 for helpful, 50 teamwork etc.?
Or is it like, everyone in the enemy team has to give you honourable opponent so you get the ribbon? Cause I got 4 teamwork at once, and nothing happened there either.

Can someone shed some light in this matter?

/Sorthan

GrayFace

20-10-2012

I got 21/15/51/48 and only got honorable opponent... Over 50 of teamwork and still no banner... wonder why

AeonValefor

20-10-2012

depends on how many games you played too I heard.

So if you have 50 honor points and played 1k games, you won't get the ribbon, whereas someone with 20 honor points and 15 games will get it.

TG Zahand

20-10-2012

It all depends, there is no special amount of points that you have to get.

Its not a specific amount that you need to have, but rather a hidden value that you get from every honor. And depending on the enemy the honor value can vary from being worthless to gold.
For example:
People that give away honor will lose their honor's value. (If a guy gives "Honorable Opponent" points to every single person he plays against, then his points will be less worth). The same logic is applied on people who rarely give away points. Their points will be much more worth and you need a lot less of them to get the badge. And let's not forget premade teams; Every point of honor that you give away to your teammate that you are premade with will be almost worthless.

This is the reason why some people got the Honorable Opponent banners as low as only 10 points (Elemetz) when honor first came out. That was because everyone's pointvalue was high, and you didn't need a lot of points to get the banners. But as we all know, some people hand out points like they were candy, and their points aren't worth much.

To conclude: The amount of points you get is irrelevant. It's all about who gives you the points, rather how many you get.
Quality over Quantity

- Zahand

Sorthan

20-10-2012

Thanks for the answer Zahand!

SirCookieMonstyr

20-10-2012

Pretty much waht Zahand said. It's about honor ratio's more than honor amounts. Opened topic a while ago and typed nearly the same thing.

I would really like to have a little bit of extra text on my banner though - I have the yellow one and pretty much all of champ select and the first 2min of the game is spent on explaining what it is for, how many honor points I have, and trying to explain why other people don't have it. It was a lot of fun, and I got recognition for actually being a good team player and helping people out every game - but now it's beginning to annoy me.

Simply adding that 'This player has received sufficient honors for Teamwork - Banners are determined by quality over quantity and your honor ratio's' would suffice.

If I could turn it off for some peace during games I would