Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elise UP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubras

10-18-2012

Quote:
Siope:
i disagree, human q do damage based on enemy's life, spider q do damage based on enemy's missing life, you do human q + other skills, then turn spider and shut him down with Q......in my opinion that is awesome, don't see that binding to fail xD

looks good on paper... but i tried it and it sucks human q does lower dmg than any other ap mage skill even if its % dmg, her spider q its not impressive either.... most of ur dmg comes from human w and spider melee attacks...

F2K EpicFox

10-18-2012

Quote:
Siope:
i disagree, human q do damage based on enemy's life, spider q do damage based on enemy's missing life, you do human q + other skills, then turn spider and shut him down with Q......in my opinion that is awesome, don't see that binding to fail xD

and in higher level play you would never even get the chance to do that. thats why syndra flopped

BestWurstinTown

10-18-2012

Quote:
Bowsersshell:
and in higher level play you would never even get the chance to do that. thats why syndra flopped

Remember what ppl said about Jayce ? Or Kha'zix ? Or pretty much every champion that came out recently apart from Rengar ? (and even there ppl said he was trash)

Elise has just been released on the pbe...very few ppl have had the time to have a proper look at her skillset and actually play with it...and you're calling up ?

especially the sentence "I haven't played her *blablarambleramble*"...honestly ?

I think her skillset is amazing and I will surely buy her and show ppl that she can facemelt if played right...

Some champions require more skill but if you can make it work they're insane...I think Aphromoo is one of the first to promote Draven as being viable, now I'm seeing more and more Dravens and it's only due to someone being really great on him that people came down from the "useless champion"-train...

New champions are always a bit iffy, especially if they're just out on the pbe since sometimes skills don't quite work properly and noone really know how to build her for maximum dmg output...

wait until she's actually released for a couple of weeks and then you may perhaps judge her, but only if you actually play her yourself...

Bitshcraenck

10-19-2012

its easy, like it always was

new champ with no potential, IE no skillshots or tricky plays
OP
new champ with a lot of complicated gameplay and mechanics, strong combos and special abilities
UP

after a while ppl learn to play the champ, it gets buffed or nerfed
then ppl adapt to it, next big tournament it gets picked and nerfed, or it doesnt and remains unchanged

look at sejuani for example
rlly nice skillset
BUT
high cooldowns, high mana costs, low dmg(slow jungleclear), low base stats

and look at new champs

rengar
pubstombing champ, was very OP, dunno about him after the nerfs, might be fine nao

no skill required, right click and mash all the buttons, just be careful to Q when u have 4/5 ferocity and 5/5 ferocity
thats EVERYTHING a rengar player thinks about
empowering snare is mostly worse than epic Q burst, empowering W is not really needed most of the time

now syndra

high skill cap champ, 3 skill shots
MANY decisions to make, ppl didnt know what to max first, ppl didnt know what to build on her, ppl didnt know hot to combo with her, ppl weren't used to Q W and E aiming

TLDR on syndra: ppl built bad stuff, maxed the wrong spells and missed all the time
-> low winrate & UP
gets buffed, should be fine now
even if she wasnt buffed, eventually some ppl wouldve become extremely good with her and owned many ppl, just bcs she has great potential if u hit every skill, dodge while casting and combo perfectly!

long story short: wait and see how she gets balanced after release, where she will be played
wait for ppl to find out how she works (maybe OP on-hit-jungler, shyt I dunno!)
wait until I play her 50 times and make a thread like this, saying whether I think shes UP or OP

will look like this thread
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=873215
gimme time to analyze, test and calculate a bit

theory crafting OP
I'll keep u posted haha

sPychopath

10-19-2012

I played her yesterday and I freaking hated it. I don't know why, but it's just horrible... Her damage is ****. Her cooldowns seem rather long (unless you stance dance).
I tried jungling her and it failed horribly. No I'm not stonewall008, I started potions and I failed pretty badly, but her damage is almost non-existent..

And subconsciously I figured out I didn't even enjoy playing her. Perhaps that's saying something, seeing as I like most of the champions in LoL...

Siope

10-19-2012

well, i don't know what to say since i'm not on PBE, about skill i'm not scared, by playing her i will eventually master her, if she is UP she will get balanced,

What i like on her is that you have a lot of skills (4+4 + ulti) and have both Mage ( the ones i most like to play) and assassin which should give her a high burst damage in spider form, at least as Fubras said, on paper....

But if she end up being not a good mage nor a good assassin, well, that would suck, even if probably it will be this way, even in the description it's said that to get the best out of her you have to use both human and spider form, so i don't think playing only human (mage) or only spider (assassin) will do much...boh.....donno

Metzelmax

10-19-2012

Quote:
Botoxas:
I haven't played her yet

nuff said

F2K EpicFox

10-19-2012

Quote:
BestWurstinTown:
Remember what ppl said about Jayce ? Or Kha'zix ? Or pretty much every champion that came out recently apart from Rengar ? (and even there ppl said he was trash)

Elise has just been released on the pbe...very few ppl have had the time to have a proper look at her skillset and actually play with it...and you're calling up ?

especially the sentence "I haven't played her *blablarambleramble*"...honestly ?

I think her skillset is amazing and I will surely buy her and show ppl that she can facemelt if played right...

Some champions require more skill but if you can make it work they're insane...I think Aphromoo is one of the first to promote Draven as being viable, now I'm seeing more and more Dravens and it's only due to someone being really great on him that people came down from the "useless champion"-train...

New champions are always a bit iffy, especially if they're just out on the pbe since sometimes skills don't quite work properly and noone really know how to build her for maximum dmg output...

wait until she's actually released for a couple of weeks and then you may perhaps judge her, but only if you actually play her yourself...

im not the thread starter and i like elise...