This is how you get Honor Ribbons. 100% guaranteed .

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solavice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

There are trends that show when and from who you get a specific honour, these trends determine whether you get the ribbon. If there is a clear correlation between the amount of games you have played and the number of honour you have received for a specific type you will be rewarded if it persists for some time. Say you've played 10 games and you've received around 1/2 points for friendly in every single game, you'll be MORE LIKELY to receive the ribbon then someone who has had 4 points in one game then nothing for 6/7 games and then 12 points in the rest of the 10 games.

Original post which is false:

Quote:
So lots of people seem to think that if you fall into a certain top % of players in any honour category, you automatically get the ribbon. This how ever is not true, you actually get a ribbon when you get honoured in the same category by either all your opponents or all your allies in one game.

If you were to get 4 friendly honours, you will get the friendly ribbon. The same goes for Teamwork and Helpful. For the Honourable Opponent ribbon you need all 5 of the opponents to Honour you.

I played with a team who started to call out their roles in all caps, I played along and said everything in caps, so did they. One thing leads to another and we all got 4 friendly honour points giving us the ribbons. I was at 17 friendly points when I got the ribbon and some of the other people were higher and lower but still received it.

Cozey EUW

10-10-2012

You're wrong, sorry.
I got all 4 ribbons yesterday, and I don't even have that many points compared to the amount of games I've played. I am however always nice and wishes my team GL HF at start and says GG WP at the end of a game, regardless of the outcome.

However, what I did was that I gave out honor to all my allies and enemies whenever they deserved it, rather then when I think they deserved it.

I wouldn't give "honorable opponent" to my enemy, if he was just saying gg wp at the end of a game. I am now however, because that's what you should do.

I wouldn't give "teamwork" or "friendly" to my allies, if they were just being nice or we worked fine together. I am now however, because that's what you should do.

Only a few know this, but the amount of honor points you give out (even without getting them back at you), is taken into the equation of when you should and when you shouldn't get the ribbon. The points matter, but so does the points you give away.

So to sum it all up, it doesn't matter how many points you get in a game; what matters is the points you give away. I'd appreciate if somebody could test this for me and report back, just to figure out whether it was just a coincidence I received all ribbons the same day I started doing this or if it's actually true.

Masked Mallard

10-10-2012

i've been nice to opponents for a good while... by that i mean that i congratulate my mid opponents if they pull off a nice kill on me etc etc.

Started getting honor whoring accusations because im nice in game
how ass-backwards is that ?

edit: i've been doing this since i started LoL - be that... over 2 years ago? no? maybe?

Tampajin

10-10-2012

I got a big pop-up that I earned the Enemy ribbon. But it isnt there

cru4

10-10-2012

i feeded oponents in all my GAMES AND GOT RED RIBON.

MihoHyroshi

10-10-2012

I yesterday got my honorable opponent ribbon, I had recieved 25 points in honorable opponent category. I barely hand out honor myself, only to people that really deserve it. I didn't hand out honor the moment I got my honorable opponent ribbon, so they don't seem connected for me.

The system is still a big mystery to me.

Oni149

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampajin View Post
I got a big pop-up that I earned the Enemy ribbon. But it isnt there
Well it is visible for the enemies at the loading screen.

D3j4Vu

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Yeah, it's 25 honor to get the ribbon. Too bad i can't see it myself.

Tampajin

10-10-2012

Yeah bad, that my team cant see it.

DaemonicFable

10-10-2012

Where do these ribbons show up when you get them? I'm assuming on the profile. 20 teamwork so far so i hope i'll find out soon :P