Afraid of PvP....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaburoWolfsong

08-10-2012

Hey Guys,

at first I have to apologize for my bad english, now some word's about me and to my question/s.

I have never played much PvP, but I want to change that and play ranked games in season 3.
Most of my friends play ranked games (and want to play Duo Queue with me), but seriously...I'm afraid of other players...

The few games I played where most the same, I got no chance because I played a melee champion and get a range champion as opponent - there was no real chance for me to do something.

(Most top lane solo with Volibear, Olaf, Hecarim)
-----------------------------------------------

What I have to do, to be ready for the ranked games, my friends tell me most time 'practice, practice aaand practice' - I can't learn anything if I camp the top tower, because Teemo still shoot me arrows in the Voli-Nose (just an example)

Against another melee champions it's very balanced and I try to avoid enemy ganks.

I got mastery pages and the runes for my favorite champions, read guides and watch other ranked games - But is the rest only practice? What can I change if I have an opponent which I can't defeat? What can I do for my team then, or can they maybe do something for me?

The other players will kill me if I loose the top lane - thats not what I want.
-----------------------------------------------

Best example was the normal game today (KDA 5/7/11)

Olaf top lane solo against Shen and Akali - they still attacked me from safe distance with Mark of the Assasin and Vorpal Blade until I have to port back (still prevent me from farm anything). The Jungler couldn't really help me and only Undertow wasn't effective.

In the seconds Akali has portet back I placed an vision ward to break Akali's invisibility (was the only idea I had) so that my team can better help me with her. The AP Carry from mid could help me kill both of them after Minute 15.

I feel me so useless in PvP...with another Role/Lane it's not really better...

I hope you guys can help me before the season 3 will be a complete disaster for me and my team. (If there is still a good thread which can help me...please send me a link)

I am thankful for any help you can give me.

Kind regards,

SaburoWolfsong

Kamakawi

08-10-2012

Holy ****, not even read the rest of the post yet but the line 'Teemo still shoot me arrows in the Voli-Nose' made me spit my cola on the screen in giggles!

Reading now...

To answer most things - Yes, Practice. It's all it takes.

Think of playing leagues like playing anything else.

Take the drums for example. Anyone can sit at a drum kit and hit as many things as they can as fast as possible, but it doesn't make them a good drummer. Much like anyone can log into a game and hit things, it doesn't mean they are good.

But if you practice every day? You'll look back at the start of your drumming and realise 'Hey, I couldn't move my left foot in a different rhythm than my right hand, but now I can move every part of my body at different speeds, keep a steady beat and pull chicks at gigs! (Girls love drummers, trust me).

It's the same in LoL. Practice practice practice and one day you'll realise after punching two champions to death at the same time that you wouldn't have been able to do that a while ago, but now you can.

Practice boy, practice!

I Ash I UK

08-10-2012

You literally just need to play more. There are plenty of melee or short range champions that can handle range champions in lane. You just need to learn the match up and how to play against it.

Try to concentrate more on farming the minions rather than killing your lane opponent. Obviously if the opportunity arises to lay down some damage take it, but don't make it your primary goal.

ZioTriciclo

08-10-2012

Thats why u havent to play w/ bots. Ive started from level1 w/ pvp, the only times when i play bot matches is for trying champs in free rotation. W/ hecarim or olaf u can kill al the ranged that u want , u just have to rush and dont turn back at the first ashe s arrow... (dont go under theyr tower or risk for an enemy gank...)

Vexnar

08-10-2012

its not about practice as much as it is understanding the game mechanics and the champions.

You have to practice ofcourse but if you play every game the same practice wont change anything.
As someone ones said, if you wanna learn to play a champion, play as agressive as you can, that way you will know the limits of that champion.

in the case of that olaf top game there are a few things you can do, farm with undertrow, jungle where you can, roam. but blind pick games are still blind pick

Bojoown

08-10-2012

watch top laner streams , watch tournaments where top laners lane switch in order to go 1v2 , watch how they handle it , and try it out yourself . GLHF

KaiItza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Practice is really the best advice out here.

Also try to play different champions, go wild in Normal by testing all free champions.

SinisterMrCream

08-10-2012

Read guides. Solomid has great guides. Pick the champ and look for "featured" guides as they're written by high Elo summoners.

A well written guide will help you understand when your champ is strongest (early/mid/late), how to play them in general (aggressive/passive), their role in the team, and potential matchups and how to play them.

I may not always follow the build, but I'm more confident of when to play aggressive and when to hold back as a result of reading them.

Stormstrike

08-10-2012

You just need to get more experience in game, and for that you need to practice time will make you better trust me sometimes i look back and geez i was so so noob, back when i had like 200 wins or so bad at Cs bad holding my lane etc.

You just need time to get good at the game and don't stress to much if you get countered in lane or if you can't do well against range champs because with time you will turn that around your gameplay will change alot.

PS: don't rush things just let the flow you will improve alot.

roka551

08-10-2012

starting rules for players who never played lol or any other moba before :
#1 do the ashe turtorial
#2 never ever practice on bots. it is far from realistic u cant learn anything but maybe some basic champion mechanics (good if u first try out champs u never played before)
#3 dont be afraid of being bad or dying very often. it happens. u will become better ...

and if you dont play pvp so often it is better to start playing normal games instead of ranked. I played my first ranked when I was close to 300 normal wins

enjoy the game