Scheduled information World Championship

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

closedward

08-10-2012

Summoners !,

Euw gets a bit pushed in the corner about information about The WC,

so i made this thread to let u guys stay tuned, feel free to comment and rate !

Grtz Openward ( i know there is standing closedward, but my main account is blocked from forum )

In this thread we are discussing everything happening in the ( chaotic ?) World Playoffs:

What happened on The Playoffs ?

1: CLG EU had to compete against WE,
2: CLG EU lost his first match against them
3: In the second match the connection did fail after 15 minutes ( i will not be discussing who deserved to win or not )
4: When connection was back stable a Rematch between CLG.EU and WE was played => CLG won ( 1 - 1 )
5: 3th Game: connection failed again but this time at 56 minutes of playing => next rematch ( again i will not discuss who was on the point to win )
6: Due To the connection failures Riot descided to postpone the Semifinals EVEN as the match between CLG.EU and WE

Scheduled Information ( I Keep this subject updated )

NEW Schedule :

Here’s the full schedule, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time ( or 12:00 PM GMT ) :

Quarterfinal
Match 1 ( 00:00 GMT - Oct 10 ) – Team WE vs. Counter Logic Gaming EU quarterfinal match ( only 1 game will be played to get a winner NOT BO3 )

Semifinals
Match 2 ( 01:00 GMT - Oct 11 ) – M5.BenQ vs. Taipei Assassins semifinal match

Match 3 ( 03:00 GMT - Oct 11 ) – Azubu Frost vs. the winner of the Match 1

Finals

Both winners of the semifinals compete gainst each other on Oct 13 at 19:00 Pacific time Or 3:00 GMT

"The games will be streaming live in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same production quality and broadcast features (player cams, replays, interviews, etc.) that you saw up until we ran into technical difficulties. A full list of foreign language streams is still to be determined."

"there will be no live audience for the rest of the playoffs unfortunately. But we will be producing the broadcast similar to our LA Live event, so will look great online for all the fans. We will be announcing an official schedule shortly."

Compensation :

Riot came with a compensation for the trouble at LA :

"We know the issues during the World Playoffs yesterday sucked. It was frustrating for everyone watching at home, and we feel that frustration. We’re taking everything we’ve learned from yesterday to make the conclusion of the Playoffs and the World Finals next Saturday as great as they can possibly be.

As a token of our thanks for your tremendous patience and dedication, we’re going to be giving out double IP for 48 hours, starting 11:59pm PDT on Friday, October 19.

We extended the duration of the boost and moved it out a week to ensure smooth log-in queues and more convenient play times.

Details on the conclusion of the playoffs are coming together and will be announced in the near future. Thanks for understanding!"

CHEATING ?

Cheating During Playoffs ?

here’s a quick overview of the two primary minimap incidents we’ve been reviewing:

TSM/Azubu game

-- Azubu Frost had a microphone issue that didn’t allow them to communicate during the opening of the game. As a result, the game was paused.

-- It was noticed that both teams had players that were shifting their bodies during the pause. Blanket warnings were issued to both Azubu Frost & TSM.

-- Referees decided to issue a restart, as a) Reginald & Chaox had concerns about screen looking and b) Azubu’s communications disadvantage could reasonably be
interpreted as requiring a restart under tournament rules.

-- No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.

Team WE/CLG.eu game

-- A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
-- We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and
crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.

People who are concerned about cheating during the World Playoffs can read next forum post By Redbeard explaining everything :

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2655300

MUSIC

Championships Music

Pause music :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP08FVt5QdE

Login Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XJLsRBf8g

And i hope they bring Hall Of Fame from the script in their finals :-)

Sefiroz

09-10-2012

Thank you for this post, I think many players might get things a bit clearer from it. I'm irritated about things in this tournament as well but I'm even more irritated about people who just spam the forums whining about what they are irritated by Keep it up!

closedward

09-10-2012

Thx man, i felt the same so thats why i started this thread!

Mr Icar0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-10-2012

OHHHH THANKS ALOT RIOT!!! so let me guess i stay awake till 03.00 am saturday night to see just this **** schedule happens, ok fine no problems reschudule for another day... but now you see the time of the matches for 17.00 at Los angeles? what means 02.00 am till 09.00 am if there is no more problems for european players? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING US? reschudule the ****ing times for a better time for everyone just the same time as groupstage and previous quarterfinals 10 or 11 am PST should be so ok but this timmings are bulll**** for everyone in europe

closedward

09-10-2012

They will not reschedule, i said the same to RedBeard and he answered to me,
Here it is :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
It's extremely unfortunate for the EU crowd who are watching. They are such dedicated and loyal fans, and we get that 5pm PT is not great for the EU. This is actually the earliest we are able to get the matches up and running, as we don't have venue access yet to begin the setup, and we obviously need to ensure that there is a very high quality bar for the production, so this is the earliest possible time we are able to get the matches going.

Xaipt

10-10-2012

Does anyone know where it will be streamed? It starts in like 1 hour right?

closedward

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaipt View Post
Does anyone know where it will be streamed? It starts in like 1 hour right?
It starts tonight, for EU at 12pm

Pakita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Does anyone know where i can watch the whole event as VOD without geting aware of the results in prior?

closedward

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakita View Post
Does anyone know where i can watch the whole event as VOD without geting aware of the results in prior?
following link should work for u :
http://de.twitch.tv/riotgames

HayBlinkin

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakita View Post
This link is better:
http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs
No spoilers