What defines a hyper carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Strategist

06-10-2012

hello guys

I have gotten myself in a discussion with a buddy about what defines a hyper-carry. This happened when he mentioned that Ashe is considered a hyper carry by the higher players. To sum up our arguments.

My arguments for what i consider a hyper carry and why ashe isn't one.
- Has Damage steroids
- Scales much much better with items than other regular carry's
- There characters are hyper carries: Draven, Vayne, Kog Maw, Ezreal, yi.
- Ashe need's too much time to get working properly compared to a Ez, which can function with a trinity and boots.
- I consider Ashe a Utility-carry due to her amount of cc.

His arguments why she is a Hyper-carry.

- Her high amount of CC combined with items makes her un-killable.
- He believes the higher players EG. People who play ADC's on streams (Aphromoo for example) and takes their word for granted.
- That after the 40 minutes of farming Ashe somehow becomes a Hyper-carry.

Please share your opinions, cause i'd like to know it and perhaps prove him wrong or myself.

TaXoRo

06-10-2012

She is a different kind of hyper carry because of her CC.

TheNesanesa

06-10-2012

ez isnt hyper carry, tho trist is

ShakeNBake EUW

06-10-2012

Ashe is NOT a hyper carry

Only da King Tryndamere deserves such a pristine title

Quinn Mid

06-10-2012

Vayne, Kog, Trist (and maybe Draven) are hypercarries. No other AD-Carry scales as hard as they do

Gronpt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

Ezreal is not a hyper carry imo. He shines mid game with his good burst and mobility, but lacks autoattack range and is dependent on skill shots. Tristana is a lot better than ezreal late game for example

Flaming Omega

06-10-2012

Hyper-carry is a champion that scales much highly than others. Vayne, Kog'Maw, Nasus and Poppy are the most prominent ones as due to their nature they're able to easily carry teams once late-game is reached. While having utility makes Ashe an extremely good pick, she is still much more reliant on her team for damage than Vayne/Kog'maw. Ezreal is not a hyper carry and Draven can be disputed, as to reach extremely high level of DPS he needs to catch all axes which is extremely challenging.

P.S. Ryze, Karthus and Cassiopeia are often considered AP hypercarries, but this is more due to their ability to have constant AP DPS compared to other AP carries.

Lajneen

06-10-2012

Out of AD Carries there are 4 hyper carries.

Kog, Vayne, Draven and Tristana. All cause they have the highest damage output in lategame, so I guess that a hyper carry would be a champ that scales better into lategame than the average.

Byaken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

For me:

AD Bruisers: Ezreal, corky

AD Carrys: Ashe, vayne, kog...

Mid of them: Graves.

The first ones have high burst early game, if they get tf, they can do tons of dmg, way more than the 2nd ones by min 17-18. Late game, those AD Carrys, who bought IE, PD, etc, will do much higher dmg, or they will be kinda unkillable (get a ashe to late game with alistar, u wont beat them, u just wont reach ashe and you will lose trying to catch her while she kills u all).

Graves is in the middle: He does tons of dmg early game, but he doesnt rely on tri-force.

Black Raptor31

06-10-2012

Hyper carries are people who keep scaling throughout the game. Somebody who never stops getting better.
The only AD hyper carries are vayne and kog. (true dmg and unlimited armor pen)
Nasus and Jax are other examples of hyper carries.