Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daraku

12-23-2010

So my motherboard broke few days ago and i had to dig my old motherboard and processor to get my computer working again. The problem is I have low FPS in LoL. I know you are gonna say dude you just switched to older parts of course it will lag but I have 20-25 FPS with lowest settings! (16-20 FPS with highest) The processor isnt that bad anyway, heres my specs:

Processor: AMD Anthlon 3200+ 2.01 GHz
Memory: 2Gb
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4800 series.

Sure they are not great parts but I should atleast have steady FPS with lowest setting! I'm even running Game Booster.. I have the latest ATI drivers and i tried playing WoW and got steady FPS and didn't even run on lowest settings. I would think WoW needs more perffomance than LoL.

Edit: I have done every part on "I have bad FPS in game" part aswell. Exept:
8. Set your virtual memory/page file to at least 2gb, set the minimum to equal the max. (Didn't get that one)

Edit2: I read a thread where ppl had similar problems and there was a suggestion of disabling sound. Did that BAM 40 FPS with highest settings. It's a nice hotfix but i'd like to hear sound when i play so i can hear pings etc. How does sounds have to do with FPS anyway? It's Frames Per Second not Sounds Per Second..

Edit3: It seems its not only LoL sounds which makes it lag. Listening music dropped the FPS aswell. I updated Audio codecs but it didnt help.

Daraku

12-26-2010

Shameless bump

blaze07

12-26-2010

nothing helpfull. its about patch i think. i did everything that they said. but hopeless. i expect that it will be fixed with new patch. pls say something about that RİOT?