Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What does Tryharding mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P0sixNinja

09-27-2012

Does it mean to play good?
Does it mean to use wards before jungle buffs spawn to ensure enemy jungle cant counter jungle?
Does it mean you rage when something goes wrong?

There's more '"Does it'' but i gotta play a game and just wondered..

Yakkahboo

09-27-2012

It's a playstyle that involves no holds barred gaming, but contextual it usually refers to somebody doing that in a game where it doesnt matter.

Picking Jax in Dominion is generally tryhard.

As is going full seriousmode in a normal.

P0sixNinja

09-27-2012

Quote:
Yakkahboo:
It's a playstyle that involves no holds barred gaming, but contextual it usually refers to somebody doing that in a game where it doesnt matter.

Well, Still confused, why do people still fuss when i pick karma in normals?
Edit: Karma is unserious, as opposed to super serious jax in dominion. But is karma allowed then?

Bum Dust

09-27-2012

Quote:
iAmEvilStopLaugh:
Does it mean to play good?
Does it mean to use wards before jungle buffs spawn to ensure enemy jungle cant counter jungle?
Does it mean you rage when something goes wrong?

There's more '"Does it'' but i gotta play a game and just wondered..

TryHard is a common term used in DoTa.

Many teams just random pick and play what they get - whilst the opposing team will pick the best champs to try and guarantee the win.

That is called 'TryHard' - because they are TRYING their HARDEST to win before the game has begun.

So yeah...TryHard only occurs at champion select.

Jiggle Billy

09-27-2012

Tryharding is what someone accuses you of when you are beating them, as a defense mechanism to cover for their own feeling of inadequacy.

It is similar to the statement "I'm only trolling anyway" (or variants thereof) being used for similar effect.

EDIT: Possibly these are next generation "OMG OP CHAMP" "OMG LUCKER"

b0oBs N s0aP

09-27-2012

Quote:

Yeah he's rigth. Just like writing down wards timer in a normal game. Or picking the same OP champ every game in order to win every single game rather than playing the champs you like. These are examples of "tryharding" people.

It's basically about putting the fun aside and play as serious as if your life was depending on your victory.

P0sixNinja

09-27-2012

Quote:
Bum Dust:
TryHard is a common term used in DoTa.

Many teams just random pick and play what they get - whilst the opposing team will pick the best champs to try and guarantee the win.

That is called 'TryHard' - because they are TRYING their HARDEST to win before the game has begun.

So yeah...TryHard only occurs at champion select.

Well, to be honest i find that most DotA terms dont apply in LoL, Mostly because LoL has a much higher playerbase which makes it invetiable alot of people misinterpret the meaning of it.

ydinlemmu

09-27-2012

Tryharding is just going overkill serious when it's not really needed just for the sake of coming out on top. Kindof when the support in a game they have been playing 5v4/3 from the start of the game and gained an advantage it's obvious the other team with lesser players won't overcome, picks up 2 stacks of wards and an oracles and runs around with his **** in his hand warding and clearing everything.

GimpyF

09-27-2012

So basically, the go-to excuse when you can't find anyone on your own team to blame for losing.

Captain WSS

09-27-2012

idk, i generally say "sup tryhards" in all when i've randompicked fiddlesticks and trying to do my undefended blue (because everyone on my team has just walked to their lanes) when a blitz grabs it and then the enemy xin zhao and his friends appears in a normal resulting in my death =P