Katarina, how to counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spacefrisian

25-09-2012

Thanks for telling me how to counter Kat, now i know what i shouldnt do when i use Kat myself.

BTW i have seen that Sona trick being used against me as well, i think i figured out how to prevent that from happening.

Lidasel

25-09-2012

Harass her hard when she tries to lasthit.
Last time I played Orianna vs Kata mid i even started with Doran's Blade (as experiment) and it worked surprisingly well.

Aaron Massian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-09-2012

Right click on her.
BAM ! Countered ! Not that hard eh ?

Re Boniak

25-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondoc View Post
Hi,

1. Try to harass her lvl 1-5 with autoattacks (if you are ranged), and with some spells (lvl 1-4 she has lower dmg than any ap). That way, her early game will be hard and she will fear you.

2. If she uses shumpo a lot to harass you, call the jungler, tell him to wait till kata shumpos, and kill her

3. After she uses shumpo on you to get her combo of, do not just back off, instead unleash your combo on her cause she has everything on cd.

4. On her ulti use your cc and harass back with everything u got

5. Ward both sides of the river so you'll know where she goes to gank, and just countergang or push mid tower

6. Last advice i can tell you is to know your dmg and her dmg aswell, compare it, see if you can outharass her
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChantallicA

I play 9/10 support (i know it's not mid) but when i have a kata against me and she do's her ult i ult with sona to aaaaaaaaaaaaand her ult is gone xD or exhaust her xD They don't like that... :P So what i mean is: i ward a lot so i can see when she is about to gank so i keep my ult ready. And when she ult i ult to.

in 2 points:

-Kata early on has not-so-low CD, mostly on Shunpo, and she's melee, so be aggressive first lvls when she is low on CD (just after her casting, like playing vs a veigar, a kassadin, a fizz etc )

-Kata has no CC, "only" insane mobility, and a channelling ultimate: this means that every source of stun/snare/slow will shut her down.

I play Kata, so i know when i suffer :P