Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"New to this game? Be screwed!" - Smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanamori

12-21-2010

Quote:
IV Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else's Expense - Summoner's Code

Do you know, what Smurfs are? If not, then I am going to enlighten you, currently being newbie and whatsoever.
In League of Legends, there's this thing called "matchmaking". Simply put, this stuff is the system that's supposed to make a game more balanced, by matching players of similar levels together.
Just like every other system, this one also has flaws. Flaws that are being in fact massively abused by the biggest scumbags of LoL - Smurfs.
Smurfs are the people, who have already reached high Summoner levels on their account, but as a bunch of losers, they are too weak for fighting on equal grounds with people of similar skill. To "entertain" themselves with some easy wins, they make a second (third, fourth etc.) "Smurf" account, on which they obviously begin with level 1. As such, even though they don't really have that much skill, they can still easily kill people who are new to this game.
Often do the Smurfs form teams to better enjoy trashing the newbies' game experience and making the matchmaking system just another silly mistake.
Riot! I beg of you! For the love of all holy; please, let us play somehow without being abused by Smurfs! I don't know, how, but it's really obvious that the current matchmaking system is one massive abuse.
("L2P" doesn't fix it, really. It's all about learning to play while actually enjoying the game.)

ThaSeVrw

12-21-2010

Smurfing is pathetic,and there is no reason to do it,especially in LoL.

I love Kurisu

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Quote:
ThaSeVrw:
Smurfing is pathetic,and there is no reason to do it,especially in LoL.

Some people do it but only to level 5, to get the referral.

Ein0r

12-21-2010

Some people do it because they have friends they want to show the game to a friend. But those people will just get bashed, even more flamed and smashed if they play together with a Lvl 30+ char. Having a big amount of game experience helps them. E.g: Ganking.

And there are those who just like to stomp newbs to the ground yea :/

iEnV

12-21-2010

I understand people who do 2man premade smurfs when one of them are completely new to the game, but the whole "We are 5 lvl 30's Trolol lets go make lvl 1 acc's to poown the n00bz hell yus we awsum we pwn dem noobz yes yes trololol" thats just sad and really really lame.

Denjiro

12-21-2010

I smurf to test new champions when they are on rotation. D:
I'm evil!

I love Kurisu

Recruiter

12-21-2010

Quote:
Caosss:
I understand people who do 2man premade smurfs when one of them are completely new to the game, but the whole "We are 5 lvl 30's Trolol lets go make lvl 1 acc's to poown the n00bz hell yus we awsum we pwn dem noobz yes yes trololol" thats just sad and really really lame.

Well, it has a different impact on different people.
When I just started, I was against a Warwick who was 20 levels above me.

I got roflstomped ofcourse, so I wanted to buy that champion because I thought he was strong. Then when I tried him myself, I was doing bad, because he wasn't OP or UP, but the knowledge the high level had destroyed me.

After that, I decided to look everything in a perspective. & I found out Warwick can't counter an exhaust that well, & slowly I got better day by day.

TL:DR: it'll give you a lesson about what knowledge about items, champions & abilities/passives means to the game.

Captain WSS

12-21-2010

Yes. Making smurf is like laughing at a 1 year old for not knowing how to read yet.

Mattyy Moo Magic

12-21-2010

I made a smurf account when my friend joined, she is new to these games and taking her into match making when I am level 30 is cruel and dont want her to give up, so i play with a smurf account till she has got the hang of it then when she plays a bit on her own and levels up I can invite her on my lvl 30 account to play with the big levels

NewAtThisGame

12-21-2010

True. True.