Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game won't load after champion select?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luguy

09-21-2012

Before this started to happen -
Before this started to happen I had like many other summoners that my game wouldn't load up after i clicked the PLAY button when i tried to load LoL. So i finally fixed this by getting the game to re-patch it's self.

Now what happens
What happens now is when ever i go into champion select, i select my champion and then we go to start the game and I don't even get to the loading screen. It minimizes and then goes black and no matter how long I wait I can even get the the loading screen.

If this has happened to anyone else before then please, share me information on how to sort this out because I don't want to be ruining peoples games and i won't be going in games until I have something worked out.

MagicSpartan

09-21-2012

Im having the exactly the same problem , i too wasnt able to load LoL until i got it to repatch and now when i join a game i cant load into just a black screen no matter how many times i restart

Luguy

09-21-2012

Guess I'm not the only one then, thanks for your feedback. This needs to be sorted

Luguy

09-21-2012

Bump.... please can anyone help

Shingo44

09-21-2012

From what I can tell use the repair function on the patcher, I used it and it seemed to let the game work then. Trouble I found though that although it worked yesterday, the problem came back today :| *Sad Panda*

Edit: Evil typos be evil.

Smooth Tiv

09-21-2012

I've posted an answer on here http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=855171
And f*ck the Senior member who moved that post from General Discussion to here, anyways.. glad to help. lol

Olipopsicle

06-13-2014

this was made in 2012 and still hasn't been fixed... GG Riot...

Miind Reader

06-14-2014

I hav it right now... after champions select... the game is about to start but no loading screen... i can't play :s

Avoxy

07-30-2014

After downloading patch 4:13 this morning, I couldn't log into league in any account on any server, I went to the support page and did every single thing on there 1 by 1 and eventually got the game working just now after about 14 hours of trying to fix the problem on and off because of how frustrating it was. I finally got on and wanted to play a game so went into champ select and then the loading screen, but it was just black and an error message popped up, it advised shutting off my firewall which I did but when i tried to relaunch the game, I got the update failed message; "Unspecified error occurred". 9 people are now playing a half hour waste of their time because one team's jungle fiddlesticks is AFK thanks to the buggiest client any game has every had. I may even get punished -by Riot- for their own mistakes. This has happened before many times, on different devices too. Well my rant is over, nobody will read but if you did~ gg wp! Riot fix pls...

DT Mugetsu

10-07-2014

SAME! chose my champ and then no loading screen....
SAD....