Syndras Pasive is Pointles.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJarpa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-09-2012

Basically she has to max out her skills for them to be as effective as skills of other champions.
This also means she has no passive before LVL 9.
I have a suggestion for a addition to the passive.
Each sphere currently on the field gives Syndra power increasing all magics damage she deals by 5%.
Basically something similar to Yorics passive.
She who'd have this effect from lvl one.
Considering how difficult it is to land all her skill-shots players should be rewarded for preforming a series of moves resulting in higher damage the more hits she lands in succession.
Right now she cant really one-shot anyone using her combo which is hard to land in the first place while other AP champions can onshot her back whit almost no setup just because they managed to survive her combo.
Iv tried playing her several times and played against her several times.
I ether get fed if the enemy team picks her or end up dyeing in a 1 v 1 fight even thou i landed all my skills as her.
My other suggestion is that she gets refunded a small amount of manna if she is standing near a sphere when it fades this who'd effectively solve her manna problems somewhat.

GerbenB

18-09-2012

Keep her as she is

Pneumoniac

18-09-2012

This is why she is rated very difficult to play, its hard to land her combo's, she is fine as she is, passives don't have to take effect immediately, what if your on anivia or kog and you don't die all game, the only passive i don't agree with is reneks as trynd has the same resource

Ubertronix

19-09-2012

She needs some buffs, but I feel her passive isn't the problem, you just think it is due to the fact that she seems underpowered regardless of it.

If they made her scale better im sure her passive would seem very useful.

Besides, there are many champions such as Kogmaw or Kathus that don't get a passive until they die, or Victor, who actually has to pay for a similar passive to Syndra.
Passives come in all shapes and sizes, you don't have to notice it immediately for it to take effect.

DJarpa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-09-2012

Victor gets Free AP from the Hexatech core even if he dose not upgrade it.
And Kartus Kog and Zyra can still actually do something to get a revenge kill after thy die even at lvl 1.
Sindra has no passive and all her passive actually dose is make her weaker than average skills average making her passive pointless.
Imagine If other champions had gimped skills that needed LVL 5 to be fully effective and no passive as a result.

Sindra has a Lower Win rate than pre Remake eve for a reason.
You can theorize how she is secretly OP or balanced all you want.
But facts are facts.
People complained she was UP in Beta.

Hemekeke

19-09-2012

Syndras problem is "useless" ult. Well not useless but very weak compared to most other ap carries. It's basically toned down veigar ult. It's like Malz ult without suspension. It's like Diana ult without cd refreshing and 4x cooldown. It's like caster ult without aoe damage and it SUCKS. All good casters have aoe ult. Or ult with mobility/farcast (TF, Karth). Or huehuehue ult where you cant die and get 6th player. Seriously for such a weak ult the cooldown should be significantly lower.

Evil Squidward

19-09-2012

i really dont see why people have such a problem with her... look at her difficulty rating. the bar is FULL. this means that she is innately harder then every other AP carry out there, and shouldnt be expected to be easy, she is a delayed skillshot based mid-range combo reliant ap carry with reasonable-good CC, and is one of those champs where her streangths arent immediately obvious because she breaks the mould a little bit.

she isnt ahri. shes not a competitive burst AP carry that kills people in a combo. shes not annie, where the stun is easy to land and results in a kill. shes not gragas, with only 2 abilities to worry about, infinite mana and the ability to melee people to death while wrecking teams with (imhop) the strongest ult in the game. she DOSENT FIT THE META. too many people are looking at balance in terms of how she fits in to the allready full instakilling carry section.

syndras strengths are her insane farm after she has only a little ap, her persistant poke damage, reasonable chasing difficulty and the fact she has a big dirty AoE team stun.

personally i like the passive. it allows me to adapt to thier team a little. and lets her get stronger the longer the game goes on, so you can be happy to just bide your time and farm/level.

admittedly, i would like to see a bit higher damage on the q, but then again i level it second, after the slow (i find the fact it makes the combo easier to be worth more then the potential damage). so far im doing OK with her, managed to hold my lane against kata,annie, AP yi and fizz, and im fairly confident that i could at least compete in a lane against anyone but perhaps talon, gragas and a good ahri, but lets face it that right there is a 1) a counter mid 2) a stupidly strong tank/ap carry/melee bruiser with sustain and /sona in AP carry form (mash all buttons, enjoy kills).

REGIS MK V

19-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Squidward View Post
i really dont see why people have such a problem with her... look at her difficulty rating. the bar is FULL. this means that she is innately harder then every other AP carry out there, and shouldnt be expected to be easy, she is a delayed skillshot based mid-range combo reliant ap carry with reasonable-good CC, and is one of those champs where her streangths arent immediately obvious because she breaks the mould a little bit.

she isnt ahri. shes not a competitive burst AP carry that kills people in a combo. shes not annie, where the stun is easy to land and results in a kill. shes not gragas, with only 2 abilities to worry about, infinite mana and the ability to melee people to death while wrecking teams with (imhop) the strongest ult in the game. she DOSENT FIT THE META. too many people are looking at balance in terms of how she fits in to the allready full instakilling carry section.

syndras strengths are her insane farm after she has only a little ap, her persistant poke damage, reasonable chasing difficulty and the fact she has a big dirty AoE team stun.

personally i like the passive. it allows me to adapt to thier team a little. and lets her get stronger the longer the game goes on, so you can be happy to just bide your time and farm/level.

admittedly, i would like to see a bit higher damage on the q, but then again i level it second, after the slow (i find the fact it makes the combo easier to be worth more then the potential damage). so far im doing OK with her, managed to hold my lane against kata,annie, AP yi and fizz, and im fairly confident that i could at least compete in a lane against anyone but perhaps talon, gragas and a good ahri, but lets face it that right there is a 1) a counter mid 2) a stupidly strong tank/ap carry/melee bruiser with sustain and /sona in AP carry form (mash all buttons, enjoy kills).
Insane farm? Any half decent Malzahar, Oriana, Vladimir etc is gonna match or out farm you on lane.

Cant disagree with the persistent poke...once you get a chalice that is, because if you try to poke before you run out of mana so fast you will wonder where it all went because it certainly dident push your enemy out of the lane.

And regarding that big ****ing AoE stun it requires a long set up time or that you pop your ult before E. In the mean time Cassio, Annie, Zyra just walked in there and CCed your entire team at the press of a single button.

Syndra might be able to hold her own on lane and mid game (once she has chalice), but her low range makes it impossible to properly do anything ina teamfight unless the enemies ignore you. Any bruiser with a dash can without problem rush you as you try to damage and utterly destroy you.

Yarzahn

19-09-2012

Quote:
This is why she is rated very difficult to play, its hard to land her combo's, she is fine as she is
It's not about being "difficult to play" Even when you land everything your damage is subpar. I do fine on Zyra, Cassiopeia or Orianna. Syndra feels unrewarding.
Also she depends too much on mana items and cooldown reduction.

The problem for me is her ultimate:
1) It's single target
2) It has no other effect except pure damage
3) It takes 6 seconds and half your mana bar to pull off. Especially frustrating when the enemy moves out of range halfway through it and you are sitting there like a moron with a burned down mana bar.
4) Its not instant - your balls have a noticeable travel time and hit one by one, giving the enemy a chance to be saved or have your kill taken by a team mate or simply you getting killed before you couldnt land the nuke fast enough.
5) When the stars align and you do pull it off, it's unimpressive. A 0.9 ratio on an ultimate is pretty bad, considering it takes about 6 seconds to prep, has no secondary effect and no area of effect. The only other mage with a single target pure-dmg ultimate is veigar - with an instant 1.2 ratio nuke (not including enemy ap).

Glorfindel312

19-09-2012

her ulti is her biggest problem imho and yarzahn explained why. but it's not the only. e has such a low range that you can't use ulti on a opponent char and then e the spheres 'cause you have to dangerously approach the enemy team to do it. w (his her best spell) requires to take a sphere or a minion so you are telling to your opponent: see me, im' throwing it at you!