Why can't I win ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DitcheS

14-09-2012

I started ranked some days ago when i felt i am ready for it.
I got something like 460 victories and 420 defeats in normal games but when i play ranked i almost always lose and if i don't it's because of awesome score.
Last games are like
Victory (normal game)
Defeat (ranked game)
Victory (normal game)
Defeat (ranked game)
Victory (normal game)
I mean WTF

Prituh

14-09-2012

I haven't played much ranked but I have noticed I lose more in ranked than normal aswell. In my case this is because my normal rating is way higher and I barely encounter a troll. In ranked this is completely different. Just become better and carry harder. This is the only solution I guess..

CloppyFawk

14-09-2012

Ur normal ratio is decent, so u dont get into teams with lots of trolls, ur ranked elo is lower, so u get into teams with more trolls.

Get better, and ifyou're able to carry the games even with noobs, then ur ready.

Laoy

14-09-2012

Gotta carry the team harder bro. :-)

TheRealFaithLezz

14-09-2012

Do like i do, play AD carry and BEAT THEM ALL! =D

Herr Heremi

15-09-2012

Um, seriously 460 wins in normal games doesn't apply to ranked, it's a lot different.
I hear people saying " I lose ranked because of my teams ". This is not true,
I suggest, till season 3 you go watch some streams and guides on youtube for your specific role.
A good guy who makes real nice guides ( maybe a little bit advanced ) is Awesomefusion Here's the link to his youtube channel. He mostly makes guides about ad carries but I think you'll learn something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Awesomefusion

Sardacxis

15-09-2012

Trolls are to blame. They seem to rule the world. I find that in normal games with people that much higher win rates than me are more reasonable and the opposition are serious as well

Lazy Penguin

15-09-2012

This is also due to more people who form teams, or are premade. They know each other better, and are therefore more coordinated. Remember your first games losing to bots? It was partly due to coordination.

Kismitw

15-09-2012

its better to start ranked with friend and play bot lane or mid / jungle to carry others. As well, this will prevent you for trolls (one at least :/)

Sickheart

15-09-2012

Learn to play mordekaiser, trynda or olaf In 1200-1600 elo those are op because ppl cant counter and they can carry hard even when team fails.