Vladimir tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UE95

11-09-2012

Hey guys, I've been playing some arams throughout the day and I was assigned vlad once. I played really poorly with him as I had never tried before and even though I played bad I liked him and I feel like he's the kind of champion that rewards you greatly if you master him.
As such, I'd like to know if anyone as any tips to spare regarding vlad, whether it's things I should be aware of, builds, advanced tactics and whatnot. I'm eager to get better with him and understand how he works.
Thanks in advance!

Arachnos

11-09-2012

http://="http://www.mobafire.com/lea...ladimir-guide"

Though some people hate mobafire, I like the guides there and Im able to play pretty good with em.

Blacknsilver

11-09-2012

Focus on staying alive and not getting zoned early-game. If you're vs an aggressive physical damage champion ( cough Riven cough), consider buying a dorans shield or possibly even two dorans shields.
A revolver is a great first buy(after boots ofc) if you're not in danger of getting bursted down.

Farm, farm, farm, keep in mind you're way better than most mid-late game.
Hint: ignite, dfg, etc. get amplified by his ult.

UE95

11-09-2012

Thats what I'm wondering tooo, does the increased damage only apply to vlad's skills and items or does it apply for every champion and their sources of damage?

Also, should I start with a dorans shield (regardless of my enemy) for the extra hp and hp regen or should I go boots (or cloth armor) and pots?

And under which circumstances (builds and level) would casting tides of blood and his pool be sustainable? (sustainable as in, I'd win hp rather than losing it after casting, assuming I already have a spellvamp item)

Blacknsilver

11-09-2012

Boots+potions almost always as first item. Consider cloth/dorans shield vs riven/talon etc. If you're not sure, just start boots.

His ult amplifies EVERYTHING. All the ignites, all the items, all the skills on your team.
Tides of blood (without transfusion) becomes sustainable somewhere between revolver and wota, depending on number of mobs.

If you're using both tides of blood and transfusion (no reason not to), it becomes sustainable as soon as you get your revolver.

As a general rule of thumbs, if you don't have a revolver yet, use tides of blood when you're near 100% hp. DON'T use it when you're low ("low" can be 70% as vlad is quite squishy early on) and in danger of getting bursted down.

You'll usually have a revolver at 10-12+ if you didn't go the double dorans shields route. (that's when tides become sustainable).

Infalk

11-09-2012

Q, W, E and R keys are of paramount importance.

Babadiboopy

11-09-2012

The basics you can get from any guide, I would suggest reading a few on solomid.net

A tip from my personal experience with him (500 vlad games played at least) is getting hourglass early in the game and learn to use it effectively. Combining the hourglass with your W will allow you to be really effective in both teamfights and 1v1 battles. While I agree vlad's builds are debatable and many of them are good I really prefer the early hourglass.

Oh and never, ever, farm with your pool ^^

UE95

11-09-2012

Alright thank you very much for your feedback.

Yeah ive only seen people use pool to chase or run away. I'm sure tides of blood would be a better farming tool. Seeing you;re an experienced vlad player, would spirit visage be good on vlad? (even if i sold it later for something else)

CaliAce

11-09-2012

He's weak early, has many counter and most lanes you'll play defensively. He's really save pick in my opinion, it's just really hard to lose lane with all his sustain and with trades you can put out with E+Q combo, unless you screw up your early game. Plus the pool pretty much quarantees you'll never die on ganks, unless you really **** up and deserved to die due that, or put yourself in potision to get towerdived. He has huge power surge mid game, when Q hits 5 ranks and E is getting leveled every level after. It's all about being patient early and know you can dominate later laning phase. He also snowballs hard due his passive.

Only core item for him is hextech revolver + mp boots/cdr boots. Everything else depends on the current game.

And ofc number #1 rule of Vlad. Never farm with the pool.

I'm gonna trow in one extra tip. If you hit ranged/melee minions with rank 1 E when pushed at your tower early, it sets them at perfect health for last hit, after one turret shot.