How to get to Gold elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrossShade

Senior Member

08-09-2012

I want to introduce myself by saying that I could've carried myself to 1500 with ease before I had quit LoL a while back. Unfortunately after rejoining I had lost all my mechanical skills, map checking (for awarness) habits, the ability to even Teamfight properly, and general strategy was lost from my end.

When I rejoined I was probably playing at an 800 elo level, maybe even lower.

Now, let me get to the point of this thread, I'm currently 1464 elo, something that I want to raise.

Unfortunately for me, I mostly win my lane (damn smurfs) but cannot win the game.

Now I am one of the few who knows it's my own performance causing this, I would like to know any tips on how to carry the game.

Has anyone got any advice, and I mean nothing that I'm not doing already?

I roam, push, steal, ward etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komachi

Member

08-09-2012

Akali, i was just like winning lane all the time but losing the game so i went Akali ( check lolking amount of games and the awesome stats ) and now 99% of games i never lose my lane, always get best stats and 80% of games i carry thats how i got too 1630 and im just getting higher and higher

Also make sure u get skilled enough as akali before u start playing ranked and not just derping around and if u want some tips if they got oracles then wait 5-6 seconds before you actually engage so they dont have the focus on you. With gunblade it wont take more than 3 secs to burst down their ad carry


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Two Jokers

Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidix View Post
Akali, i was just like winning lane all the time but losing the game so i went Akali ( check lolking amount of games and the awesome stats ) and now 99% of games i never lose my lane, always get best stats and 80% of games i carry thats how i got too 1630 and im just getting higher and higher

Also make sure u get skilled enough as akali before u start playing ranked and not just derping around and if u want some tips if they got oracles then wait 5-6 seconds before you actually engage so they dont have the focus on you. With gunblade it wont take more than 3 secs to burst down their ad carry
Yeah, Akali seems to be pretty good in solo queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xazarl

Senior Member

08-09-2012

if you want to win you kill your lane thats carrying. Make sure you cs well beat your lane dont die to jungler ganks if people are struggling kill your turret and roam.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrossShade

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazarl View Post
if you want to win you kill your lane thats carrying. Make sure you cs well beat your lane dont die to jungler ganks if people are struggling kill your turret and roam.
Unfortunately I do these things, but roaming is hard, the enemy seems to just disengage and back off due to wards, I'll counterward for my support/top but then the enemy jungler sits in the lane I'm trying to roam into, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Should I probably try to roam via their jungle so the probability of being spotted from wards is lower?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komachi

Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDecessus View Post
Yeah, Akali seems to be pretty good in solo queue.
Only if u have silverfang akali! :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xazarl

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossShade View Post
Unfortunately I do these things, but roaming is hard, the enemy seems to just disengage and back off due to wards, I'll counterward for my support/top but then the enemy jungler sits in the lane I'm trying to roam into, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Should I probably try to roam via their jungle so the probability of being spotted from wards is lower?
i dont. i mean alot of the times i will crush my lane out cs him force him to recall. go ahead like 50 cs get his turret low and keep making him back forcing the jungler to come to me or he dies again. Then if my team is feeding il end my lane and leave and just push mid turret and gank him if i can. i dont really leave my lane if im winning or losing because id rather CS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dörr

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Attitude and the will to work with your team.
Motiavtion and a will to win the game.
Hope and patince in order to susatin the thougher parts
The self control to not become one of those you fear most - the flamer.

So:
Stay calm, motivated - and do not loose your patince. When things goes bad - keep your cool and move forward. Mistakes happen - but they are already in the past - learn from them if possible, but do not drag em up to a negative discussion. Done is done - move forward and focus. If there is hope within the team - you can win.


As a player who truly main supports - i always try to be motivating towards my team - applauding their good parts - helping them get over the bad ones. I try to aid them in order to keep their head in the game and to focus. Doing my best in order to prevent flaming and keep telling them simple things like: ''It aint over - we can still win this'' ''Mistakes happen - lets move on and focus''.
Dunno how much it helps - but atleast i feel good while doing it - and the results speaks for themself imo - 67% winrrate with almost only supports.

That's my best hint for you - best of luck in the future.



Cheers
Sawy-Janna player


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrossShade

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazarl View Post
i dont. i mean alot of the times i will crush my lane out cs him force him to recall. go ahead like 50 cs get his turret low and keep making him back forcing the jungler to come to me or he dies again. Then if my team is feeding il end my lane and leave and just push mid turret and gank him if i can. i dont really leave my lane if im winning or losing because id rather CS.
This seems like good sound advice,

I can get to over 200cs by 20 by stealing and taking my own wraiths, but sometimes I try to roam after killing/pushing to attempt to help top/bot, in the end both lanes just back off to the turret wasting my time.

I might try this one.

Thanks for the advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrossShade

Senior Member

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawy View Post
Attitude and the will to work with your team.
Motiavtion and a will to win the game.
Hope and patince in order to susatin the thougher parts
The self control to not become one of those you fear most - the flamer.

So:
Stay calm, motivated - and do not loose your patince. When things goes bad - keep your cool and move forward. Mistakes happen - but they are already in the past - learn from them if possible, but do not drag em up to a negative discussion. Done is done - move forward and focus. If there is hope within the team - you can win.


As a player who truly main supports - i always try to be motivating towards my team - applauding their good parts - helping them get over the bad ones. I try to aid them in order to keep their head in the game and to focus. Doing my best in order to prevent flaming and keep telling them simple things like: ''It aint over - we can still win this'' ''Mistakes happen - lets move on and focus''.
Dunno how much it helps - but atleast i feel good while doing it - and the results speaks for themself imo - 67% winrrate with almost only supports.

That's my best hint for you - best of luck in the future.



Cheers
Sawy-Janna player
9/10 games I try to tell my team to be calm, flaming equates to losing, I already understand the advice you tried to gave and attempt to apply it ingame as much as possible.

Still good advice for anyone else reading though, the amount of games I won that were "lost" due to stopping my teams from flaming is phenomenal.